Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

university website rant

jiorji
February 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
why...WHY is it so $#@% hard to browse a university website??

I was trying to figure out the maximum total of credits I can take over the summer and WOW it was so painful. 3 hours later i STILL didn't find anything. ANd the search tab doesn't work, because for about 10 keywords I either got the same answer "try again" or found totally unrelated links.

oh yeah...then there;s the hidden pages that are supposed to HELP you organize your schedule and give you pointers and you accidentally stumble on these pages trying to find something else...and god forbid you try to find those again later...cos it just won't work!

why do they make it so difficult?!?!

I'm starting to laugh as i'm typing this b/c it's so funny that it's so difficult to browse and find information.

oh yeah and the new student calendar isn't updated YET for some reason the new class schedules for next year are ready to go.....:confused: SERIOUSLY!!!

lol

Prin
February 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Heh heh, my school's website is better.:thumbs up You can actually find things and download the program calendars with all the rules for everything pretty easily.

jiorji
February 26th, 2006, 08:53 PM
there is no god!!

out of all people I thought YOU would understand......:rolleyes: sigh

Prin
February 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Oh I understand. I've tried to navigate your university website (at least the university I think you go to) and it's HORRIBLE. Bad advertising for the school, if you ask me. And your web registration? Pitiful. Ours is clean and easy to use. Yours looks like it's meant to be printed on those old printers with the perforated-edged paper... Terrible. Some departments are better than others, but overall: poor.

jiorji
February 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
hahaha wouldn't it be funny if we were talking about the same school website??

don't even get me started on department websites. When i was researching for psychology courses I had a hard time getting around their page. The studio arts site is slightly better.

Prin
February 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Studio arts, eh? I think we are talking about the same school... I'm not sure if both universities have a studio arts program...