Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sweden Golden

chico2
February 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I know I am waaaay off any animal-topic,but my heart was beating 105/min watching"my boys" my Swedes,get the Gold this morning in hockey:crazy:
Sure I was cheering for the Canadians,but they did not make it...:(

badger
February 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Brilliant win, Chico. They deserved it, we did not. Who would have thought that Gretzky would be a liability in anything to do with hockey? Bertuzzi? To go to the Olympics is an honour he didn't deserve. Rick C., do you want to weigh in on this?

CyberKitten
February 26th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I am happy your're happy Chico - I have to admit I did not even watch it. I am still miffed they did not pick Sydney Crosby, lol - tho that is of course not the only reason the Canadians lost!! Good for Sweden!! I was not going to even mention Bertussi - I did not think he deserved to go and then he took that stupid penalty in the 3rd period, arrrrghhhh!! They just did not seem to care - maybe Grestsky should have had someone else take his place with him being so preoccupied. People would have understood I think - we all have times we need to take time out.

chico2
February 26th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I too was peeved they chose a goon like Bertuzzi(Sp?)to represent Canadian hockey,the other players might have resented that fact.
I am happy for Sundin,Forsberg,Alfredsson and all the rest,.
Sundin is a thouroughly nice guy:love:

Rick C
February 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I know I am waaaay off any animal-topic,but my heart was beating 105/min watching"my boys" my Swedes,get the Gold this morning in hockey:crazy:
Sure I was cheering for the Canadians,but they did not make it...:(

And four years later, the stain of Tommy Salo is finally washed away . . . . .

Congrats.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Congrats Chico. The better men won. Canada's men's team was a disgrace- on and off the ice.

I have to say though, I think the women's team did more for women's athletics, along with Klassen's 5 medals, than anything has ever done in the past. If both don't give little girls dreams of greatness, I don't know what will. Yey women! Without you, we'd have nearly no medals at all! Woohoo!

But I can't say that without saying that the men's gold medal curling game was a game of a lifetime.:thumbs up

chico2
February 27th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Prin,for sure,I was very proud of Canada,they did very well,especially the women.Great rolemodels for little girls,now if our government could give them some support,we'll have lots of new stars:thumbs up
I'll miss the Olympics,LOVED it!!!