Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Was Being Followed Today!

jesse's mommy
February 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM
So I've told you in the past that I'm a sales rep so I'm in and out of stores all day. I'm sitting at a traffic light and an old brown beat up car pulls up behind me. I'm the kind of person who is always looking around and aware of my surroundings so I take mental note of the car and go about my business. I'm driving and this car is following me and I arrive at my next store -- Target (sorry for the store name) and I pull into the parking spot. It's not a spot you can pull through, it's a spot that has a grass median in front of it. Well this brown car is right behind me and as I stop my car, he stops his car right behind me -- put it this way, if I were to back my car up I would have hit him. He is just sitting there staring at my car and I'm looking in the rear view mirror and will not get out. I call Jim and try to be obvious that I can see him in my mirror and "pretend" to call the cops. The guy is sitting there for a minute and a half at least. So he starts pulling away slowly and a woman is walking through the parking lot. As soon as he starts pulling away, I jump out of my car and ask the woman if I could walk in with her and explain to her what happened. She and I walk toward the front door together and watch this car. We watched him pull up the next aisle, back down the aisle I parked in and stop behind my car again! I go inside and talk to the security guard and he says he'll just keep and eye out and to grab him before I leave and he will walk me to my car. I'm in the store for about a half our doing my stuff and I get ready to leave, grab the guard and we start walking to my car to check it out and make sure I'm safe. I look across the parking lot and notice the guy just leaving. He was waiting outside for me for a half hour! I got a little creeped out. I didn't get his license plate number because I wasn't behind him, he was behind me, but this really opens my eyes more. I consider myself a generally observant and aware person and my dad has always said "G*d help the person who ever tried to mug you" because I know how to defend myself, but the reality of something like this happening is rather freaky.

cpietra16
February 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I would call the police and report it. At least describe the car. He might be waiting for his next target. If you have a camera phone or a digital you might be able to get a picture and have some proof for the police, or at least have a face. Be careful. This world is full of very scary useless people

jesse's mommy
February 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Taking a picture would have been a good idea, but not necessarily the best thing to do for the situation. I didn't want to get out of my car to take the picture because believe it or not, there was no one in the parking lot. Plenty of cars, but no people. I was fortunate to see that one lady walking, but she had no idea and didn't notice it at all until I pointed it out. Then she thanked me for telling her as well. Sometimes you don't realize what is happening around you, as long as it's not happening to you. I just didn't feel safe getting out of my car. As for calling the cops, I honestly didn't think of it because I figured he would be gone by the time I left. I know it's weird and probably not the best thing to say, but I was more shocked that he was just leaving as I was coming out and calling the cops didn't even pass through my mind. It was just really freaky and rather uncomfortable when you are put in that situation.

catsnatcher-CDN
February 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
good think you're ok!

Prin
February 25th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I'm glad you're ok and that you noticed. I'm also glad the security guard was so accommodating.

I always tell my friends when they're driving downtown to lock their doors because you never know what kind of creepheads are out there.