- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

I Was Being Followed Today!

jesse's mommy
February 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM
So I've told you in the past that I'm a sales rep so I'm in and out of stores all day. I'm sitting at a traffic light and an old brown beat up car pulls up behind me. I'm the kind of person who is always looking around and aware of my surroundings so I take mental note of the car and go about my business. I'm driving and this car is following me and I arrive at my next store -- Target (sorry for the store name) and I pull into the parking spot. It's not a spot you can pull through, it's a spot that has a grass median in front of it. Well this brown car is right behind me and as I stop my car, he stops his car right behind me -- put it this way, if I were to back my car up I would have hit him. He is just sitting there staring at my car and I'm looking in the rear view mirror and will not get out. I call Jim and try to be obvious that I can see him in my mirror and "pretend" to call the cops. The guy is sitting there for a minute and a half at least. So he starts pulling away slowly and a woman is walking through the parking lot. As soon as he starts pulling away, I jump out of my car and ask the woman if I could walk in with her and explain to her what happened. She and I walk toward the front door together and watch this car. We watched him pull up the next aisle, back down the aisle I parked in and stop behind my car again! I go inside and talk to the security guard and he says he'll just keep and eye out and to grab him before I leave and he will walk me to my car. I'm in the store for about a half our doing my stuff and I get ready to leave, grab the guard and we start walking to my car to check it out and make sure I'm safe. I look across the parking lot and notice the guy just leaving. He was waiting outside for me for a half hour! I got a little creeped out. I didn't get his license plate number because I wasn't behind him, he was behind me, but this really opens my eyes more. I consider myself a generally observant and aware person and my dad has always said "G*d help the person who ever tried to mug you" because I know how to defend myself, but the reality of something like this happening is rather freaky.

February 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I would call the police and report it. At least describe the car. He might be waiting for his next target. If you have a camera phone or a digital you might be able to get a picture and have some proof for the police, or at least have a face. Be careful. This world is full of very scary useless people

jesse's mommy
February 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Taking a picture would have been a good idea, but not necessarily the best thing to do for the situation. I didn't want to get out of my car to take the picture because believe it or not, there was no one in the parking lot. Plenty of cars, but no people. I was fortunate to see that one lady walking, but she had no idea and didn't notice it at all until I pointed it out. Then she thanked me for telling her as well. Sometimes you don't realize what is happening around you, as long as it's not happening to you. I just didn't feel safe getting out of my car. As for calling the cops, I honestly didn't think of it because I figured he would be gone by the time I left. I know it's weird and probably not the best thing to say, but I was more shocked that he was just leaving as I was coming out and calling the cops didn't even pass through my mind. It was just really freaky and rather uncomfortable when you are put in that situation.

February 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
good think you're ok!

February 25th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I'm glad you're ok and that you noticed. I'm also glad the security guard was so accommodating.

I always tell my friends when they're driving downtown to lock their doors because you never know what kind of creepheads are out there.