Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

poop

davidoking749
February 24th, 2006, 05:51 PM
hi im new here.. how are u all doing? i got a question my son is taking care of a 5 day old kitten ,,, he wont poop and ask if u guys would know what he should do to get him to poop thank you

Lucky Rescue
February 24th, 2006, 06:09 PM
5 DAYS old?? Was this kitten orphaned, since it's WAY too young to be away from it's mother.

Kittens that age are unable to defecate or urinate on their own. They must be stimulated the way a mother cat does it.

What and how are you feeding the kitten and how often? After eating, you need to take a damp, warm cottonball and gently but firmly stoke the tummy, making the strokes go towards the anus and genitals. Think of how a mother cat would lick it, and try and duplicate that. This will encourage it to go.

This kitten can die very rapidly if not properly cared for and kittens this age are not easy to raise. Please take it to your vet to get proper instructions on care and feeding.

davidoking749
February 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=davidoking749]hi im new here.. how are u all doing? i got a question my son is taking care of a 5 day old kitten ,,, he wont poop and ask if u guys would know what he should do to get him to poop thank you[ok ty very much for your help

jawert1
February 24th, 2006, 08:01 PM
As Lucky said, 5 days is WAY too young, the warm cotton ball will work but this kitten needs to see a vet and needs to be in the care of an adult, not a child (no offense).

davidoking749
February 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
im sorry i confused you guys my son is a grown boy hes 18 not a kid he found kitten alone and and he is doing great with it we keep hearing different things to do the kitten is doing great and thanks for the advise he is pooping now and going to see a vet tomorrow... thanks much.... ps hes like a mother hen to his little kitty taking care of him wery well:)