Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neville - immigrated to the US..is a star!!

Jazz&Cricket
February 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM
From the Toronto Sun today! Way to go Neville :highfive:

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Burnett_Thane/2006/02/24/1459653.html

babyrocky1
February 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah finally Neville gets his moment in the SUN!!!!! Its better late htan never...hurray Neville!!!!!! If someone is talented with Phot Shop I would love to see something put together with the article and pics of Neville, like a little poster??? It would be great to put up at the Rock a bullie Bash!

Copper'sMom
February 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Well it's about time a POSITIVE PIT BULL story is printed in a newspaper in ONTARIO!!!!!!:thumbs up Maybe it'll make people think a little more (I hope).:fingerscr

twodogsandacat
February 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
We've been watching this story for a while and a video about Neville from a Washington area newscast is consuming 2GB of my disk space (I can delete it now).

It's about time this story 'came home'. I hope somebody reads it to Bryant...or takes out all the big words and lets him read it for himself. I love how the locals all know the story.

I am still anxiously awaiting Neville's first BIG BUST.

seeker
February 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I hope somebody reads it to Bryant...or takes out all the big words and lets him read it for himself. I love how the locals all know the story.
You had it right on the first part , someone will have to read it to him . Personally I would like to shove it down his throat , the newspaper and a small depth charge .

seeker
February 24th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I am going to thank the sun and the author for this one .
Done !

Georgiapeaches
February 24th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I am so glad this is getting more publicity in Ontario.
The London Free Press printed Nev's story, as told by his foster mom in Washington, back in August 2005. The other Ontario papers are now just discovering this gem of a story.

LL1
March 2nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
What a great story,Bullies-in-Need did a great job.I wish they had more support,they are the ones actually helping the dogs.

Luvmypit
March 2nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
They published my letter today in the Sun regarding Neville!

Here it is:
http://www.torontosun.com/Comment/Letters/2006/03/02/1469048.html
Little pit bull who could

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Thane Burnett for his article (Feb. 24) on Neville, the once maligned pit bull from Ontario turned Washington state trooper. It's such a breath of fresh air to read a positive story about these misunderstood dogs. Not only could Neville have died but there are many, many more in his position as we speak. Before this ban, St. John's Ambulance Therapy dogs welcomed pit bulls and had many who served hospitals, nursing homes, and chronic care wards along with search and rescue dogs. Unfortunately, these dogs have to stop what they love doing because of a small group of irresponsible dog owners. These dogs aren't just contributors to society but contributors to families that love them just like any other dog. Hopefully, people will now see these dogs in a different light.

C. Shea

(Until the next attack story)

babyrocky1
March 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Great Letter Luvmypit!!!! Not such a nice comment by the Sun though!

Me and Kayla
March 2nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
Great Letter Luvmypit!!!! Not such a nice comment by the Sun though!

No kidding! I wrote to Thane Burnett thanking him for the article, and have already received a response from him.

Great letter Luvmypit. :)

Me and Kayla

twodogsandacat
March 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Neville story was in the Star yesterday. Timing is perfect.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1141426211552&call_pageid=968350130169&col=969483202845

chico2
March 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I was reading that too,nothing negative about pitts and a beautiful pic of Neville:thumbs up