Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Inappropriate peeing/pacing with possible brain tumor

Boomer Owner
February 22nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
I have a 10 year old standard schnauzer who has been having seizures for about 18 months. He has seen a neurologists and the doctor thinks he probably has a brain tumor but without an MRI, he can not be definitive. He is on Phenobarbital and Potassium Bromide which are helping to reduce the frequency of the seizures. However, he is terribly restless, paces for hours at a time and pees on the floor and on himself in the crate. He has tried Prednisone but that did not improve his health and made his urination problems worse because it made him more thirsty. He is becoming difficult to live with and we need some suggestions on how to make life with our dog easier, either with other medications or other treatments.

Inverness
February 22nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear your dog is so ill... :(

Why don't you use a belly band for him ?

Boomer Owner
February 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I looked up belly bands on google and plan to order right away. Hopefully, this will provide (us) some relief!

Boomer Owner
March 23rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Just wanted to thank you for the belly band suggestion: its been a miracle! Now, when Boomer pees overnight it's just a matter of throwing away the Depends and sometimes washing the band. Thank you so much for the suggestion.