Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey protects his siblings

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
My husband just told me what happened the other day while I was out or at work.

Him and my kids were joking around - and my husband was telling my kids to go to their rooms - but it was all a joke - and the kids knew it was a joke too.

Anyways Joey didnt think it was a joke - and began barking at my husband (Joey rarely barks) - so they stopped the game and afterwards Joey was fine.

So I am convinced if something serious were to happen or someone was threating me or my kids for real. Joey would do his darn best to protect us.

Prin
February 23rd, 2006, 01:43 AM
No you know that even when there's no estrogen in the house, there will still be somebody responsible...:D

Jemma's our guardian. If we play fight, she's right in there, kicking our a**es.:D

My old dobie was my protector and he actually snapped my brother in the face once (just a nip- he never hurt anybody ever. Never ever ever) after he relentlessly bugged me for a whole afternoon. My doggy had had enough. :love:

SarahLynn123
February 23rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Wolf is my protector! He's only 10 pounds but he can be one brave little bugger! He has protected me from the scary vaccuum and freaks if by bf pretends to hit of kick me. Its pretty funny because my bf will be punching and kicking the air no where near me and WOlf will stand infromt of me and bark! If I pretend to to punch my bf, Wolf is there to help me out, barking his little head off at my bf!

doggy lover
February 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
My last dog Travis was the protector of all children!!!!! I could never even pretend to spank my kids infront of him as he would bark at me and grab my arm and hold it. One time in a park a mother picked up a child and it started screaming well Travis was ready to intervene I had to stop him. At 120 lbs I don't think the mom would have been to happy with him trying to grab at her. But he would protect any child and I could never play fight with my hubby as that would cause an all out war. He loved my husband the most so he was very protective of him, he would bark at me if I even sat beside my hubby and pretended to kiss him, he would put himself in the middle of us.:p

Luvmypit
February 23rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Border collies are great that way. Once my mom was pulled over by a police officer so he could tell her her tail light was out. The police could not get even close to the window as my mom had it just half an inch open and max's (RIP) teeth were barred up against it growling. My mom said the cop said I just wanted to tell you your taillight was out and took off!

Max would also sit under the dining table when we had compnay and when people came to get the food buffet style Max would growl at all the non pack members. He would not even make a peep if it were my brothers, sister, parents or me getting food but god forbid you were a guest in our house. He even after all that was one of the best behaved dogs I have ever had.

Capone on the other hand I think has a fear of cats and loud noises. I always say 'and you call yourself a pit bull hmph' .

doggy lover
February 23rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Travis was a Bernese Mountain Dog cross with German Shepherd, thats why he was so protective a guardian to all:D

hdme
March 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Our Aussie mix has always been protective of me but she we've found that she's also protective of people she doesn't even know. We were at my sister's house once when she had company visiting. The father was play wrestling with his little 3 year old when the son let out a play yell...my dog ran over and stood next to the father (who was leaning over his son "pinning" him to the floor) and gave a little growl. She's never bitten anyone, but the growl was enough to make their game come to a grinding hault! She really thought that the father was hurting his little boy and she was letting him know that that was not ok! If my husband and I play hit each other, she'll try her hardest to get in between us and bump our hands so that we can't touch each other....it's great to know that she's so gentle and yet, would never let anyone hurt us!