Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Abuse Database

shannon1233A
February 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
You know how we have Neighbourhood Watch for our homes, well here's a website with a database and followup reports in the same idea for our pets. It lists animal abuse charges, court updates, reports, etc even for Canada and individual cities etc.

If you know of a case in your area, it's the only way to keep an eye out and perhaps help prevent future abuse.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/

Frenchy
February 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM
I've just read the headlines and I am sick to my stomach!So many horrible stories...

twodogsandacat
February 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
I found this site at the beginning of the Bill 132 hearings. After doing much research on pit bulls I was feeling that the abuse of these dogs was pretty much ignored and penalties very light. It was here that I first read of David Tantís THIRTY year conviction for dog fighting. I now get updates in emails and support them whenever I can (rarely as there are so many good not for profits). Still they do a good job of following up and occasionally you will be able to see that there are some good judges and prosecutors out there and of course many fine law enforcement officials.