Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need info please

chickadeewoods
February 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Hello
As an oldie this is my very first post ever on any board so please bear(LOL) with me. I could use some help using these boards. I have fallen in love with a pet on petfinder and need some info on a rescue group. It is not my intention to slander etc.. but just need some honest and sincere info as this is new to me. Could someone contact me please. Any help would be appreciated.

poodletalk
February 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
What's the name of the rescue group? Where are you located?

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2006, 02:02 PM
I tried to send you a PM, but it says you have chosen not to receive them?

Prin
February 22nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Newbies have to wait a bit to receive pms.:)

marko
February 22nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
That is true Prin - In these cases an email address is permitted to be posted and I have emailed the OP.

Thanks
Marko

chickadeewoods
February 22nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
Thank you to those that tried to reply. As I am new to the board I am not allowed to send private messages as yet. Would you please send your messages to ch-woods@hotmail.com. As I mentioned earlier I need some info on the rescue groups as I am considering adopting a dog. Thank you

Inverness
February 22nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
Can you at least let us know where you are located ? If you are in Iowa or something, the Montreal people won't be much help...

chickadeewoods
February 23rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
I am located in Ontario. The rescue group rescues from Quebec and brings them in to Ontario. The 2 groups that do this operate out of Mississauga and Brampton. Does anyone have any info on these. Thank you. I appreciate the help. Please send to my email at
ch-woods@hotmail.com

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Are you interested in adopting one of those Lab mix puppies?

If so, you first need to find out where they are. They could be at this place in Quebec and there is a fee to transport them to you:
http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=&cr=countryCA&q=animal+shelter&near=Alma,+QC&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=48571139,-71666792,16344582629033389487

I don't know why this rescue changed their name, but I suggest you write to them and ask any questions you have, concerning transporting a puppy, spay/neuter etc.

Cymba's friend
February 23rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Although you are in Ontario and this one is in Quebec, there is a non kill shelter just south of Montreal http://www.spcamonteregie.com/.
Although they have the name SPCA in their full name, they are not part of the mainstream SPCA and are one of the few non kill shelters that rescue dogs, cats and sometimes other animals. Of course if it is a problem to drive there, you may wish to consider other closer shelters. But in general I do recommend them as they do their best to save the animals so I like to encourage people adopting animals from there.

happycats
February 23rd, 2006, 11:51 AM
All I can say, is this place seems to ALWAYS have puppies! Even when no other rescue does. But I don't know if thats good or bad.
I suggest you do a search with the rescues name (all of them) and you may get info that way.

Inverness
February 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
We just had a thread about this a few days ago. Can't find it now. Anybody has more luck than me ?

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Is this the one you mean?
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24011

chickadeewoods
February 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone
I am so excited as I have been approved to get my golden on Sat. from Take Me Home rescue in Mississauga. :fingerscr I appreciate all the e-mails I received and suggestions. If anyone has any last minute advice on this rescue organization, please let me know ASAP at ch-woods@hotmail.com
Thanks so much.