Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Free Cat/Foster Danger Montreal

poodletalk
February 22nd, 2006, 03:06 AM
I received an email the other day from a Montreal cat rescue group, warning of a guy (Universty Student) interested in helping rescues taking cats in. when the rescue did a house inspection, he wouldn't let them in his house and there was several cat carriers in the garbage at his place.

I just found out tonight from the rescue, this guy is now calling ads in local and student papers trying to take cats who are being "given away"

The rescue is on top of him, they have contacted several other rescues and SPCA'S warning of them about this guy. They are now calling free to good homes ads warning them as well.

I am posting this just to show people, the dangers of giving away animals!

CyberKitten
February 22nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
I hate hearing stuff like that even tho I know it occurs, sounds like a buncer or boucher (not sure why the terms are different in varous places but oh well) or else someone with nefarious ideas! Sighhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Poor kitties!! I also hope the police investigate him!

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I got this too and added it to our DNA list.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of free cats around.:mad:

I can only imagine how terrible the people at the rescue group feel, having given him a cat...I would be beside myself.

Frenchy
February 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
They are so many free cats on the internet (adds) this guy will be able to get as many as he wants!Is there anything else to do,call Anima Québec?the spca?

Prin
February 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Not only is this horrible for the animals, it's horrible for university students. Responsible university "kids" have a hard enough time adopting as it is without more students mucking it up for the rest of us.:mad:

catsnatcher-CDN
February 22nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Um, I don't want to sound naive but... I can't imagine what he could be doing? What's with the carriers in the garbage?

I can't come up with a scenario that involves the search for several cats, denying access to his living quarters and carriers in a garbage... If he's giving the cats away to laboratories, then why not give people access to his home? If he's collecting them, then why throw out the carriers? What's he doing?

jesse's mommy
February 22nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Not to be horrible for thinking this, but do you think he is selling them to laboratories? I remember when I was in college, I was POOR and needed money. I stuffed mailers into envelopes for extra money. I also did cold caling trying to set up appointments for gutters and I worked at a bagel shop for two weeks, but decided it was too early in the morning. Anyway, I know it's a horrible thought, but there are people out there that are sick that would do this.

jiorji
February 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
Um, I don't want to sound naive but... I can't imagine what he could be doing? What's with the carriers in the garbage?

wow...there's PLENTY of bad things one can do to a cat.

Anyone know of the art student involvement with cats?? and video?? and stuff nobody should do to a cat while taping it?? then submitting it as an art project?? then getting arrested??
that story makes me mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah I went to that school....no longer go there...bunch of crazy artists who think and see art in all the wrong places.

I think this guy should be checked out by police. Get a warrant, if they can do that.

It just sounds fishy to me....some really bad people out there. disgusting!

poodletalk
February 23rd, 2006, 05:41 AM
We just found out, he got his hands on another cat last year. A cat he no longer has... The rescue and this lady are going to get together and compare stories. To all Montreal cat rescues, please be careful if a young guy wants to foster one of your cats.

We don't know 100% what's he doing with the cats, but we are thinking the worst :(

jiorji
February 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
We don't know 100% what's he doing with the cats, but we are thinking the worst :(

most definetly!
my stomach gets knotty just thinking about it!:mad: