Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Peekinese is vomiting

tdjones15
February 21st, 2006, 04:54 PM
Hello does anyone know why my dog vomits so often? usually its during the day when he is in his kennel and Im at work or in the middle of the night it is a yellow pudding like substance. he also blows snot all the time is this normal? Im very worried about him and when I took him to the vet they said he is having kidney problems but they never took any blood or ran any tests. Im worried that they are trying to take advantage of me because I paid them 90 dollars to feel his stomach and check his heart.

SarahLynn123
February 21st, 2006, 05:02 PM
I dont know much about kidney problems, but I am surprised they charged you so much and didn't do any tests. I would go to another vet and get another opinion, also call before hand and asks about tests for kidney problems and prices.

One of my dogs pukes up yellow bile when she is hungry. How often do you feed your dog and how much and what brand of food?

Hope your dog feels better soon

tdjones15
February 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM
Thank you

I usually feed him once a day about 1/2 to 1 cup fo food but he usually takes 2 days to eat all of his food. I am feeding him puring one lamb meal and rice. he has been eating purina since he was a puppy.

Cymba's friend
February 23rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Reading about your dog vomiting and your vet telling you he has kidney problems without having done any tests or blood tests: I have observed homeopathic vets provide diagnosis in many areas without actually doing a blood test, based on their experience of observations and profiles - and often with surprising (positive) results. However with "traditional vets" I find it is rare for a kidney problem to be confirmed (versus being suspected) without tests to confirm them. You may wish to get a second opinion from another vet (I am not insinuating that your vet is not good) - but the world is full of humans (which includes vets) and no one is infallible. I would however not just leave it at that, and hope that it goes away. Vomiting when on-going is certainly a sign that something is wrong - and it is a symptom for many ailments.

SarahLynn123
February 23rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
So you feed him in the morning and leave it for him to eat all day? If thats the case hunger wouldnt be the problem becasue he has access to food all the time.

Definatly see another vet and get some tests done but if this has been on going perhaps he has an allergy. You also may want to try slowly switching to a higher quality food if you can afford it. There may be something in his kibble that is not agreeing with him. Many dogs cant handle corn and similar products.

There are many suggestions of great brands of food in the dog food forum or just post and I will reply with some info.

Good luck!
Sarah