Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy vomited

teddybear1003
February 21st, 2006, 10:58 AM
I have an 11 week old mini dacshund/yorkie mix puppy. This morning he ate his breakfast, went out to potty and not long after we came back in he vomited up his entire breakfast. He has gone potty since then and gotten his treat for going potty outside. I was concerned about giving it to him since he got sick but he knows he gets a treat when he potties so I went ahead and gave it to him. He did manage to keep that down. He hasn't really been playful this morning like normal. I'm thinking I should just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get worse. Or is there something else I should do for him. He has his next vet appt. the 27th but I would definately take him in before then if it seems necessary.

loveyadogs
February 22nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
might need to be dewormed again?

I have an 11 week old mini dacshund/yorkie mix puppy. This morning he ate his breakfast, went out to potty and not long after we came back in he vomited up his entire breakfast. He has gone potty since then and gotten his treat for going potty outside. I was concerned about giving it to him since he got sick but he knows he gets a treat when he potties so I went ahead and gave it to him. He did manage to keep that down. He hasn't really been playful this morning like normal. I'm thinking I should just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get worse. Or is there something else I should do for him. He has his next vet appt. the 27th but I would definately take him in before then if it seems necessary.