Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Have family members or friends who dont share your feelings?!

Mrs Bungle
February 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I am referring to your feelings about pets and care, training, whatever the case may be?

Do your friends/family feel "differently" about animals than you and then get pets?

My parents are currently in another part of the world (where we are from) and they decided (this was my fathers intent before they left) to bring two dogs that are only found in that part of the world, over here. That in itself i dont nessisarily have a problem with, but the breeder guy who sold them these dogs sold them a girl and a boy and seems to have convinced my father that breeding is a great idea as they are rare. When I found out, i almost peaked. After everything I tried to tell them about this stuff they kinda ignored me (not unlike my father, but thats another story).

And not only that, my father doenst have a great track record for knowing how to take care of pets properly. Its not that he doesnt care, its that he is just kinda ignorant to how to do it PROPERLY. Hes got the "back in the day" mentality where dogs were treated in a certain way. He has been reading on how to train dogs and properly take care of them, but im hoping and praying that this doenst all backfire in his face. I am pretty confident I can get him to not breed the dogs, but I am hoping that he really trains these dogs properly, otherwise were gonna have a problem..

Anyone else have these types of dillemas?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 20th, 2006, 07:46 PM
My personal feeling is that No rare breed dogs should not be bred just because they are rare - especially if a person is not an experienced breeder.

My mom has the back in the day mentality. She thinks Joey should be outside 24/7 as hes a dog and he just will be miserable inside. Her dogs were all outside all day and all night too. So far I am waiting for him to be miserable inside. He's actually miserable outside if hes out there for more than 3 minutes alone. So according to her we are not treating Joey properly by leaving him inside all day with us. Oh well poor Joey I guess he will have to continue to suffer and be miserable in our nice toasty warm house with us.:sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM
just curious what kind of dog is it?

Mrs Bungle
February 20th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Hey joey- my father luckily doenst do the dogs should stay outside thing, but he likes to do the, we dont need to walk him, our backyard is good enough.. but I think hes reading that that isnt the way to go for it... among other things..

The dogs are called Perro Cimarron.
They look somethign like this :http://www.kenneldeltara.com/EjempCimarron.htm

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Oh the dogs with the bear ears? Yeah... I don't have as big a problem with them breeding per se (sometimes you can't change people), but breeding bro and sis together is a horrible idea. Horrible.

I have trouble with family and friends. They take care of their animals to the best of their abilities, but their pets aren't everything. A lot are the "just a dog" types and the "wait and see" kinds of people when it comes to vet care.

My aunt's dog (4lb poodle) jumped on the sofa to bite Boo in the face. I put him on his side with a firm "no" and they did not like that at all! You can't discipline a dog that small. I mean they can't hurt anybody. Sure Boo and Jemma would have liked the fosters better had they not been bitten by a black fluffy puppy last summer, but that's beside the point.:rolleyes:

Mrs Bungle
February 20th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Hey Prin,

No no, they are not brother and sister, they arent related at all.. thankfully, then i would have REALLY been like, "are you idiots or what?!?!?"

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Ohhhh, I assumed that since they got them from the same guy, they would be related...;)