Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring Break! Woohoo!......?

Prin
February 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, not so much. :D I figured I had to say something.. I mean, I do appreciate not having to wake up early tomorrow and I have to express it, right? Woohoo. Well, my man is home for the week too. :thumbs up

But it's hardly a week off. Application deadlines fast approaching (next week), midterms coming next week, preparing a 20 minute presentation on the genome sequence of Bacillus subtilis for next Tuesday, applying for jobs for the summer, worrying about jobs for the summer, missing Kerry and Doolin, keeping Jemma and Boo entertained (that's fun though), keeping the man entertained (ahem...), maybe gutting our bathroom, maybe a couple of days of snowboarding and then a couple of days of recovery, some cleaning, some laundry.... hmm... I guess that's it. Woohoo.

I don't know how people go to those spring break parties... I mean, how do they not have things to do?

The trials and tribulations of being an older student I guess. I can't wait till it's over. WOOHOO!!:D

Anybody going away for spring break?:fingerscr

glasslass
February 20th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Keep this list. At the end of the break, we're gonna want to know how many you actually did. Gut the bathroom? I want to have my tub/shower taken out and changed to just a walk-in shower. The question I've been pondering is how do they get out the tub? I'm sure it was put in before the walls were framed when the house was built.

CyberKitten
February 20th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Spring breal here too but Residents don't have one - just med students sp I am still working, lol No classes tho. One less thing....

Ours is actually officially a "study break". Hmmmm Granted, i recall my own as actual study breaks - there were parties but I guess I might have been a geek, lol Not totally, tho - I do like to have fun!!!

mona_b
February 20th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Your already on Spring Break??????

Ours isn't till the week of March 13th....And it's something my daughter would get pissy at...The only reason is because her birthday is on the 15th and she's not at school for it and doesn't get all the attention......:rolleyes:

Guess it doesn't matter now...She's been done for a couple of weeks now...And since she has issues with math and needs that one credit to graduate 12,it will be summer school for her.:D

She did want to register for night school,but they cancelled it cause there were only 3 students and they needed 30.

phoenix
February 20th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Universities have February Breaks...
My students are all out! Time to do marking...

joeysmama
February 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
My kids get theri spring breaks soon. My daughter is home in less than two weeks and my son in 3. I wish they were at the same time so they could see one another but they only overlap by a day. But on the up-side I get to spend time with each of them one on one.

Prin, your spring break sounds pretty busy. You're going to need a rest when it's over.

My kids always have great spring break ideas but when I tell them that they have to finance parties themselves they find the idea of a week at home so much more appealing. :cool:

jiorji
February 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM
spring break?? SPRING?? are you kidding me??
have you NOT been outside lately?? lol

lucky you. Having midterms after "Spring" break. Mine were all before reading week and since they were all written take home exams i can tell you now I sure could've used a FREE week worth of time to do them hehehe but I guess professors would rather have that free time to mark all those badly written essays ..I hope mine isn't one of those bad ones:rolleyes:

but sure like you got PLENTY of things to do in your week off. And I dunno what to say...I was never into the party scene and I find it ironic...don't university students party ALL THE TIME during the regular school year anyways?? lol

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I have never had a take home exam.. Ever.... Mine are all memorizy short answer/essay questions...:eek: More than anything, "reading week" is about being at the halfway mark of the semester. Yey!

Yeah, it's pretty freezing. We went walking on the river and it was fricken windy, but it'll warm up for the rest of the week... I hope...