Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The babies are home.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Hey, Prin and all.
Yesterday was quite the day for us and I was totally blown away by the whole thing.
The two little ones sat between us the whole ride. Kerry by Lou. Doolin by me. The slept on and off but not deeply. Just kinda looking, at us now and then, wondering where their lives were going. Poor babies. I just kept thinking about how their first three months of life have been a series of changes and now that's all over.
You were right, Prin. We stopped twice on the way home to let them go potty and nothing. Neither one. After the second pitstop I started to think that maybe it was the leashes they didn't like. So we decided when we got home to bring them right to the fenced in yard in the back and see what happened. We were so excited. Doobie peed! Yep outside. Then he pooped :highfive: May the Gods be praised!!! Then his sister did the same. We were thrilled. How sad, puppies pooping could get two old farts so excited. Well hey, you know how it is.
We carried them around to the front door and let the old buggers out the back. I guess this is what it will be like for a while. A series of juggling acts.
We figured we'd get them a little settled in before we introduced everyone. They decided their place of choice was under the kitchen table.

Introductions went okay, everyone is walking on eggshells. Tried to get pictures but no one was cooperative. They slept on the bed with us and the night time was a series of ups and downs. We'd run them outside for bathroom privileges and they were fine.

This morning went a ltlle better. A little less hectic. Rushed the two little ones outside with our old guys and everyone was busy with the ususal getting-to-know-you sniffings. Got a few lousy shots this morning.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:15 AM

Kerry and Katie sniffin....Doolie watching.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:16 AM

a little out of focus...Charlie and Doobs.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:18 AM

Checkin out the hineys.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:27 AM
In bed with Lou and Harley

Frenchy
February 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I am sooo happy for you guys and for the pups!I know someone will be very glad to have news this morning.....hope the roads weren't too slippery yesterday.Good luck with the pups and I'm sure everything will be ok.

chico2
February 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Awww ZZ,THANK YOU:thumbs up
Although I got a little teary-eyed,I am sooo happy for them and you:love:
I think Charlie and Harley will get a shot of adrenaline with Kerry and Doolin:D
Did you not say you also have cats? How did they react?

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Did you not say you also have cats? How did they react?
Yep, two cats. Miss Kitty is really old and the pups kinda just stare at her. She is not impressed. My big, hairy Ernie on the other hand has been hissing and growling at them but he's curious and I think that he wants to play. They seem very interested in him, and Kerry keeps barking at him to get his attention. It's so much fun to watch all the interactions.:)

Prin
February 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
YEY! Thanks so much for the pics. They're wonderful. I'm glad to see Doolin's sitting, as usual, when he isn't sure. :D

It's going to be hard the first few days- on you, your fatigue level and your back... But it gets easier. It really does. And then you barely notice how much running around you do and notice them more.:love:

Aren't they the best puppies? They're really chilled out for puppies.

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Aren't they the best puppies? They're really chilled out for puppies.
They are absolutely the best!:thumbs up You did a wonderful job, they're such happy babies! :D

Prin
February 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
ooo have you played with Doolin's toes yet? That's an experience.
ooo or scratched Kerry's chest while she's sitting? (she thumps her leg)

I'm glad they're happy. That means to me that this wasn't too much for them and that everything will be ok.:)

ZebbyZeb
February 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
They're starting to feel at home.....dancing in the yard. :D

I can't get the great shots like Prin, but I'm trying. :pawprint:

glasslass
February 19th, 2006, 02:16 PM
"Dancing in the yard", that is so cute! They're looking happy and relaxed in their new environment. Keep the pix coming - for all of us!

chico2
February 19th, 2006, 03:50 PM
ZZ,that's a great picture,they look just like 2 bear-cubs:love:
I think they are very lucky pups,first the rescue,then Prin and now in a perfect home.I wish they were all that lucky:pawprint:

Shamrock
February 19th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Awww..how adorable - the dancing babies! That is just the cutest!
It's wonderful to hear they are settling in...

What lucky little doggies these two sweethearts are!:highfive: Have really been blessed.:angel:

cpietra16
February 19th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Great to see them settling in. I think they're dancing because there's no snow. That shot looks like it was taken in the summer.

BMDLuver
February 19th, 2006, 04:56 PM
lol, glad to see they are full of beans! Also happy you all arrived safely. Thanks for the update.

Terrie
February 19th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Congratulations on your new editions, they are so beautiful and Gawd I miss puppy breath !!! I think Kuma needs a lil sister!
Your family is beautiful..:thumbs up

Prin
February 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
That's a great pic!!! We tried sooo hard to get one of those and never ever got a good one. My boyfriend loves using the "continuous shooting mode" on our camera, taking multiple shots per second to capture all the playing because puppies are so hard to get good pics of.. They move too quickly... :D

Great pics. I'm so happy they're enjoying themselves. It makes it so much easier and more fun from my end.:) :highfive:

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 07:53 AM
They're too quick for my camera and me, but I'm trying.

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Kissing Charlie....Harley's waiting his turn.

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Missed Harley's kiss but that's his hiney at the bottom....Katie's turn for a kiss.

happycats
February 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Awww such cute pictures!! :love: It looks like they are a hit, with your other doggies! Have the cats fallen in love with them yet?
it's so great that your keeping us updated on these 2 cute furballs!! I just love to see them grow!
So what are their official names now? Don't worry, they are your babies now, and you can name them whatever you like, the most important thing is they have a warm loving home!

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Hey, guys wait for me.....

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 08:52 AM
It's gonna take a while before I get some pics as good as Prin's. I think it's time to upgrade the camera...oh, Looouuu.:D

We think they're getting pretty comfortable here. They still mainly keep to the kitchen and aren't too comfortable about exploring the house alone, but they do follow us around.

They've been sleeping on the bed with us and it's funny but when I get up they both cry. They don't want to get down, they just want me to lay on the bed. Lou gets a little upset because they don't cry when he leaves the bedroom, just me. I feel so special :queen:

We're taking them to our vet this morning and I'll be passing on all the health records. I'll try and post better pictures later.

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 11:34 AM
It's not quality, it's content and you have that down.:)

How's Doolin doing with his pills? I hope he's better..

I'm glad they cry for you. It's nice that they've already chosen you has the safe, reliable one.

As for roaming around the house- here, they pretty well roamed freely, but our house is tiny, so they probably felt safer. It took a few days for them to relax too.

I'm so happy they're ok.:love:

Luvmypit
February 20th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Congrats to you ZZ!! They are beautiful! And Congrats to you Prin on your first succesful foster!!!

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Awww such cute pictures!! :love: It looks like they are a hit, with your other doggies! Have the cats fallen in love with them yet?
it's so great that your keeping us updated on these 2 cute furballs!! I just love to see them grow!
Thanks, happycats. Miss Kitty couldn't care less, but Ernie is curious and I think he wants to play with them, but doesn't want us to know. I'll keep the pics coming...if they would only stay still once in a while and when they do...they're sleeping and they just look like one ball of fur......my pics would be better! :D

So what are their official names now? Don't worry, they are your babies now, and you can name them whatever you like, the most important thing is they have a warm loving home!
I've been dreading this question....:sorry: We tried but it just didn't seem right to us. We agreed with Prin...No cutsie couple names. They are individuals....so we decided to call them Max (Maxwell) & Reba. I'm not even a country music fan, but she seemed like a Reba to me and it suits her. We were going to keep a variation of Doolin and tried everything; Doobs, Dooman, Doobie...nothing seemed comfortable. But when I called him Max on the way to the vet's he looked up and that clinched it. So my apologies to all....They are offically Max & Reba (whatever we call them, they will be loved!) :love:

cpietra16
February 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Max and Reba, it is:thumbs up You definately don't have to apologize, afterall you will have to keep calling them....Max! let go, Reba thats not a toy!Max and Reba let the cat go!!:D and so chapter 2 starts:p

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 03:15 PM
It's not quality, it's content and you have that down.:)

How's Doolin doing with his pills? I hope he's better..

I'm glad they cry for you. It's nice that they've already chosen you has the safe, reliable one.

As for roaming around the house- here, they pretty well roamed freely, but our house is tiny, so they probably felt safer. It took a few days for them to relax too.

I'm so happy they're ok.:love:

They're more than okay...my vet gave them a clean bill of health, but we knew from all the care they received, that wouldn't be an issue. She loved them both and totally understood why we chose to adopt the two of them. They are just so cute together. Lou calls them his two little peas-in-a-pod. All my friends have called to see how we're doing and a few have sent puppy shower gifts. I feel like a new Mommy. :) We show them off every chance we get and tell everyone what a great foster home they had. :thumbs up

Max (Doolin) is doing fine with his pills and they looked a little sad during the ride to the vet. They didn't want to get in the truck. We tried to assure them they were coming home with us...but it's been a roller coaster for them for the past 2 1/2 months. Poor babies...I wish I could explain that to them that this is their forever home!

Our house is little, too, but I think it's unfamilar to them and they feel safe under the kitchen table.

All I want to do is kiss them.:love:

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Max and Reba, it is:thumbs up You definately don't have to apologize, afterall you will have to keep calling them....Max! let go, Reba thats not a toy!Max and Reba let the cat go!!:D and so chapter 2 starts:p
You are so right!

My boss called to see how they were doing while I was talking to her it was all: No Max, gimme that! Stop Reba, get off Charlie! But we love it.....they love Lou's shoelaces!

chico2
February 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Me toooo:D
I believe they are the most photographed and famous pups on pets.ca:love:
Your pics,no matter how they turn out are very special.
It's nice to see the oldies are enjoying the pups,they too are sweeties,by the way:love:

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Theres alot of growling, barking and playing going on. I never thought I'd see Harley with a toy again, but check this out.....

He's so cute! Don't you wanna kiss that Rottie face?? Lou bought that for the little ones and Harley's feeling a little jealous...boy, they know how to look all loveable! I love my dogs (and cats!) :love:

Luvmypit
February 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Yes your other dogs are just so sweet! I do have a special place for that rottie!

Does he usually not care for toys?

cpietra16
February 20th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I thought bringing in 2 young pups would do something to the elders:D

ZebbyZeb
February 20th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yes your other dogs are just so sweet! I do have a special place for that rottie!

Does he usually not care for toys?

Harley hasn't picked up a toy in years...I think he just wants to be cute!

He's succeeded! The old man, I love him so much....:love:

happycats
February 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I love their new names! Max is a great dog name. It reminds me of a kids show my son watches "Max and Ruby" it's about 2 little brother and sister bunnies! Even though yours are Max and Reba!
I love the pictures!
It's funny because I have been trying to talk my hubby into getting a dog for over a year now, and I just showed him the pictures of Max and Reba, and he said "I would have taken them, they're adorable" (men:rolleyes: now he tells me) So BMDLuver, if you come across another one (or two) like these ones, let me know!!:D

BMDLuver
February 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Lol happycats.. he may regret he said that! ;)

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm glad their vet visit was ok. They didn't take the staples out yet though, right?

ZebbyZeb
February 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM
I'm glad their vet visit was ok. They didn't take the staples out yet though, right?
No, they still have the staples. My vet will be removing them when we bring them back for the next series of shots.
They both weighed 16.6 lbs each and she said Max was a little bony. She wants us to give him a little more to eat. No big deal.
I'll try and get more pictures posted.

BMDLuver
February 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM
No, they still have the staples. My vet will be removing them when we bring them back for the next series of shots.
They both weighed 16.6 lbs each and she said Max was a little bony. She wants us to give him a little more to eat. No big deal.
I'll try and get more pictures posted.
Probably from the second worming.. he'll start putting some on now. Harley looks so darn cute with the toy in his mouth. Big sad eyes.

Rottielover
February 21st, 2006, 10:10 AM
I love to see older rotts.....Gives me lots of hope with my Harley. He is just so sweet looking.. I hope you have much time with him, playing. or holding toys

Misty'sMom
February 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM
They are all so adorable. Those cute little Reba and Max faces. Sounds like they fit right in with the family. Congradulations to you all...

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I haven't been able to post much because my job really gets in the way. Lou is not much for the tech stuff so he leaves the computer and digital camera work for me and I can only get around to it on the week-ends. He's taking care of Max & Reba while I'm at work and really enjoying the challenge. He calls me all day long with the latest updates. :D

We went back to the vet today and Max is up to 20 lbs. He's starting to feel alot less bony. My vet gave them the next round of shots and removed the staples. What troopers they are.... not a peep out of either one :highfive:
They were the stars of the waiting room; so calm....taking it all in and just being adorable!

Cuddling under the kitchen table...still their favorite spot!
I posted this one already...but it's so cute why not post it again!

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Reba relaxing after a long day of running around in the yard.

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Max doing the same...
Don't you love those ears???? I think they're trying to stand up.

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Again, on the bed with Lou

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:43 PM
and there's always a place to horse around....

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm really only good with the still shots...they always look like a blur of fur when I try to catch either/any one of them in action!
Max; just looking all handsome....

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:47 PM
and Reba all the little lady...

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM
last one for now....I know I missed the top of his head, but just look at that face...isn't he too cute????

BMDLuver
February 25th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Great photos Zebby! They look great and appear to be having quite the time of it.. something tells me they have the two of you wrapped around their little paw so to speak. :D

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Yes we are and Katie, too. She just loves the both of them and always wants to be where they are.....Max and Reba are like a breath of fresh air to this crotchity, old crowd!!!

ZebbyZeb
February 25th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I had to post this one....I was getting a perfectly beautiful shot of Reba with her bungee toy and who should pop his head up....the Maxman!!!!
I was gonna delete this but he just cracks us up:crazy: Look at thoses eyes!!!!

Prin
February 25th, 2006, 03:34 PM
So cute. They're getting bigger and bigger. I have a couple like that last one, and I never deleted them either.:D

chico2
February 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Thank you ZZ,I was just thinking of them today,I am soo happy for Max and Reba,your oldies,you and Lou.
Your home must be a wonderful place:thumbs up

Frenchy
February 25th, 2006, 03:41 PM
They are so cute.It's really cool to watch them grow,thanks for the picures and don't stop!Keep them coming.

cpietra16
February 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM
WOW it looks like you have your hands full with the twins:D What a pair, they're adorable

ZebbyZeb
March 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Took a snow day today....time for an update...they really love the snow.

ZebbyZeb
March 2nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
They really keep our old guys active...

ZebbyZeb
March 2nd, 2006, 12:48 PM
Katie really loves them...they're both getting so big!

ZebbyZeb
March 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
sometimes it can be a little overwhelming...

chico2
March 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Aww ZZ,thank's for the pics,they get my old heart a'fluttering:love:
I am sure they do the same to your older dogs,probably add a couple of years to their lives.
How are they doing with obedience etc...?

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
what a beautiful family:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 3rd, 2006, 07:22 AM
Max and Reba are so cute!!! What a busy house you are going to have!! :D

Happy cats = I love their new names! Max is a great dog name. It reminds me of a kids show my son watches "Max and Ruby" it's about 2 little brother and sister bunnies! Even though yours are Max and Reba!
I love the pictures!

Max and Reba , Reba and Max, Max and Reba, Reba and Max.... Here's Reba !, Here's Max! :D

I always wonder where Ruby and Maxs' parents are????? :confused:

happycats
March 3rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Max and Reba are so cute!!! What a busy house you are going to have!! :D

Happy cats =

Max and Reba , Reba and Max, Max and Reba, Reba and Max.... Here's Reba !, Here's Max! :D

LOL I always wonder too!!

Prin
March 3rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Great pics!:)

amber416
March 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM

me too! My mom runs an at home daycare and I once asked one of the little girls where the parents were and she said "Amber...little kids don't like to watch old mommies and daddies on TV" in this voice like come on, don't be stupid :) .

ZebbyZeb, your babies (new and old) are beautiful! Great pictures!

ZebbyZeb
March 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
We're having a great time with everyone! It's as if Max and Reba have always been a part of our family and we think they're getting really comfortable here. What do you think?

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Max and Harley....just being mellow. Notice Harley's toy between them...he never goes anywhere without it.;)

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Good thing we have a king size bed....lotsa black hair everywhere

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 05:45 AM
How handsome...Max & Charlie..

CyberKitten
March 4th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Love that last pict - all of them really (esp the dancing bears one, lol) but they are so cute- all of yoiur babies. Would love to see the kitties too of course. :)

Congrats!

chico2
March 4th, 2006, 07:16 AM
LOVE the face on Charlie in the last pic:D :D
It's great to see how they are doing,obviously very happy little(big)pups.
We too have a King Size bed,big enough to accommodate us and 3 cats,but all those dogs,wow:crazy:

cpietra16
March 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Looks like heaven:)

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Love that last pict - all of them really (esp the dancing bears one, lol) but they are so cute- all of yoiur babies. Would love to see the kitties too of course. :)
It's hard to get the kitties in on the act....we're still on shaky ground there but just got this one.
Ernie, Max & Reba....just checkin each other out....

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 09:31 AM
LOVE the face on Charlie in the last pic:D :D
It's great to see how they are doing,obviously very happy little(big)pups.
We too have a King Size bed,big enough to accommodate us and 3 cats,but all those dogs,wow:crazy:
LOL....that's nothing...I wish I had my camera when all five dogs, Ernie and Me & Lou are in bed. Now that's wild..:eek:
Miss Kitty doesn't come in the bedroom anymore. I don't even know if she knows we have two new additions to the family. She spends most of her time sleeping.

shh....I've been trying to talk Lou into a kitten, but he says that would put us over the line and we would be offically classified as "that old couple with all the animals" :D

Frenchy
March 4th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I just love your pictures!All the dogs looks sooo happy together,what a beautiful family.Lucky pets!As for you getting a kitten,go for it,it would be so funny to see the 2 bearcubs with the kitty!

chico2
March 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
ZZ,Ernie is a beauty for sure,he does not look too worried about those two fluff-balls:D

happycats
March 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I love the pictures, they sure are growing up fast!! i love the Max and Charlie picture, looks like Max is developing quite the Afro!! I wonder if they may be Newf and standard poodle cross:D

Prin
March 4th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I love the last one! (I'm a back-of-the-head fanatic...):D

ZebbyZeb
March 4th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I know what you mean, Prin. The back of that head is just too kissable..;)