Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another One to Add to Bad Week Syndrome...

jesse's mommy
February 18th, 2006, 07:44 AM
We went out to dinner last night to one of those chain restaurants that you see everywhere. I got a bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce on it with seasoned fries and we split an appetizer. Guess who got food poisoning and has been up all night with it??? Yep, me! Not to be gross with being graphic, but does the stomach/intestine area ever run out of stuff? How much is in there? It just keeps coming! I'm just trying to stay hydrated right now. The worst is that I need to go to work today. :eek: I woke Jim up and he is going to come help me -- just in case and I took some immodium. Yuk! I hate this feeling.

joeysmama
February 18th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Oh that's the worst !! I had a bacterial infection like that once and I became severely dehydrated.

Be sure you keep pounding the liquid and try to eat wet foods with roughage, like salads, apples, grains, etc. The wet foods are better for you because of the water content and the roughage is good to help "sweep out" all the bad stuff. (Of course you probably aren't in the mood for anything but dry crackers--poor thing !)