Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A MUST READ! Please help this cause

Iggette
February 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
This is a very sad story but one that must be told!!

Daisy was a beautiful Cocker Spaniel...that died a horrific death that could have been prevented.:mad:

Ontario trapping laws have much to be desired and this applies to city folk as well as us country dwellers so please read Daisy's story and fill out the forms, a few minutes of your time may save another family from the grief that Daisy's family recently had to endure:(

http://www.spanielcrossing.ca/DAISYHOME.htm

Please crosspost

CyberKitten
February 17th, 2006, 05:51 PM
There have been similar incients in NB and NS within the past year - in one, a man was walking in Rockwood Park in Saint John and his lab veered off into the woods and before he knew it, the poor pooch had been trapped. He did not survive despite the best efforts of EMT's and the vet!! And in rural Nova Scotia, a man's dog was caught in a trap that was not even on private property and there are legislators in both provinces working on this issue tho of course they need help to change the law regarding these horrible devices. They should be made illegal - and if it were up to me, trapping within so many km of homes should bne outlawed. I'd love to say trapping period should be made illegal but that will never happen since it is an industry all its own, sigh. I think the initaive in NS is a local one - a municipal or county oridnace but I am uncertain. But in NB, write to your MLA, (www.gnb.ca)

Shaykeija
February 18th, 2006, 02:23 AM
a long time ago when we raised black labs, one of our studs didn't come home one night. Our neighbour had set out a trap line and Prince sat on one. It neutered him and caused all kinds of problems. We got him fixed up and retired him to being a house dog. We also took the pleasure of destroying all this guys trap lines. I hate traps..

chico2
February 18th, 2006, 10:06 AM
OMG,she looks just like Bailey:sad:
I ignorantly believed such traps were banned in Ontario,no matter what the animal,this is a cruel and extreemly inhumane way to kill an innocent creature.
Sometimes I think we still live in the 1800 as far as our treatment of animals:evil:

Lise
February 18th, 2006, 05:34 PM
People make me sick sometimes,it's not only the traps that cause problems.People out hunting have shot all kinds of animals accidently.I know someone who's newfie was shot by a drunken hunter who thought he was a bear and there was a case a few years ago withtwo ponies who were shot in thier field.

Iggette
February 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I ignorantly believed such traps were banned in Ontario,no matter what the animal,this is a cruel and extreemly inhumane way to kill an innocent creature.

I know I too thought that, but when I saw Daisys sweet picture in the grocery store and read about her I was shocked and very saddened.
I live in Beaverton now only 15 minutes away from Sunderland where Daisy was trapped. Not only did I once live there but I went for many a walk in that town and as many of you know my home was surrounded by hundreds of acres of feilds that I walked often with both my dogs and sometimes the cats would follow me on the boarders of the feilds a very scarey thought indeed

Iggette
February 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Just a reminder if you have yet to sign and a thank you to those that have.

Even if you are a guest visiting this site please take a moment to help the animals and visit Daisy's site.

Thought I would share with you a note from Daisy's mom:love:

Dear Deborah,
Thank you so much!! The publicity is all good as each letter brings us one step closer. 2 letters came in from the pets.ca site today so it is working! Losing Daisy has been a heartbreaking experience. Hopefully with support like yours though, we can make a change for all animals and the humans that love them. If you would like, please keep sharing Daisy's story with anyone else who might like to help. Thank you again.