Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sears worst customer service!!!!! managers avoid customers great job!!!!!!

angie79
February 17th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I have to get out some steam....

I left parts out

We bought our house about a year and a half ago, to set up we bought many things from sears, on payment plan. I grew up in a sears home never any problems. If we ever wanted anything we would open the sears catolog to see the price and compare, and possibly buy.

So when it came time to get engaged he asked what I would like so out came the sears catalog. and thats what he bought me... That was on Oct. 24 2005. last week on Feb 8th 2006 I washed my hands as I dried them I heard something fall. when I looked at my hand the setting holding the diamond fell out of the ring!!!!!!!

Horrified I rushed to the store... she just casually pulled out an envolope and said fill out the info we will call you when the company sends us a new one...
I said I done want that ring I want the money or another. she said its over 90 days its to late the company will send me a new one......

So all the cheer and jewlery comercials came for valintines day. My love looked at me and said lets go to sears its valintines day my girl should have her diamond the customer shouldn't suffer. we bothe work in customer service ;) .

There was no manager, but yet we saw the clerk explaining to some one in a black jacket. they didn't see why i was upset. I would be getting my repaired one in 6-8 weeks:eek: . almost longer then I had the ring. I was told new.

They wouldn't give us money. the manager who was told didn't make contact with us. the following day when my bf called it was that manager who was forced to talk with him. (was rude).... didn't see our problem.

How could i trust the same ring that lasted 90 days plus 15. just long enough that the stores return policy is expired!!!! why would anyone want it~ i asked if it happened out side and i didn't have the stone would you do anything for us (not like they were doing anything for us) they said no. I said then you answered my question...

So finnally after the manager having not called back after 2 days she requested to return our calls. my bf contacted head office, to wich the manager was to call back, she never did. the clerk called offering us a gift card........ we are a young couple starting out, we dont trust to buy another ring at sears with that service.

So now we have a gift card......But we have no money to buy a ring...

Thankyou sears for you compassion !!!

Iggette
February 17th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Sears is usually pretty good about stuff but your story doesn't sound like good customer service!!

Are they going to warrantee the work they have done on the ring once you get it back?

I would have threatened to go to the local paper and share your opinion with their services with all their readers or anything to get the ring replaced asap

After all they have (or had anyway) a policy that if your children ruin the clothes you bought from them they would replace them my girlfriend used to do it all the time with the winter suits for her boys

angie79
February 17th, 2006, 06:32 AM
we told them we didn't want the ring back we wanted money so we could buy something of better quality, from a store that would give us better service.

So they gave us the gift card of the value of the ring!!!! they refused to put the credit towads my sears card balance or cash....

They did nothing to ease our inconvienece ( 2 visits to the store and phone calls to try to resolve the situation).

on the web site and on the back of teh bill it says if after 90 days you are still not satisfied???

I will probally never deal with that particular store again. but on payment plans til jan 07.

Iggette
February 17th, 2006, 06:47 AM
on the web site and on the back of teh bill it says if after 90 days you are still not satisfied???

Your both in cutomer service?.....Sounds like the wording on the bill says you should get a refund

Or go to the store buy a pack of chocolates with your gift card and ask for the change:D

angie79
February 17th, 2006, 06:59 AM
we were thinking of buying something portable (camera or something) then returning but I think they would try and give us another gift card. I think it says cant be exchanged for cash....

the gift card is cradit card style (balance stays on) that way they get to keep whats left...

You can bet our wedding registry and future baby registries wont be with them..

angie79
February 17th, 2006, 11:21 AM
my mom is going to do us a favor and buy the gift card from us to help us out... and so we can have money to go else where and buy another ring!!:)

joeysmama
February 17th, 2006, 08:25 PM
YAY MOM !!! That's so sweet of her. I'm glad you can go somewhere else and get a ring now. (Register at Target !;) )

angie79
February 18th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the idea about target but not sure of the rest of canada but as far as I know there are none in quebec