Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad Week

raingirl
February 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Just by reading some of the posts, it seems I am not the only one having a bad week!

So far...

Odin has been to the vet twice, spent about $260, he has an eye infection, eczema on one ear, anal gland infections, and a viral papilloma.

Then I cut my thumb bad.

It's been a slow week at work too, and since I only get paid for the work I do (hourly...billed to clients sorta like lawyers and architects and designers), and because I can't write (due to my thumb) I had to give up what little work there is. I barely got 20 hours of paid work in the last 4 days! My next pay cheque is going to SUCK!!

The worst news we got this morning. My friend's mom died last night. They suspect heart attack or stroke. No warning signs or anything. It's so sad because my friend is 7 months pregnant with her first child. My friend is actually my BF's sister-in-law, so practically family. We feel so bad. It's going to be so hard, especially with all the baby preparation they were going to be doing in the next few weeks (showers, etc). Plus, her brother was living with her mom, as he is developmentally challenged, he must be so confused. I don't think there were any plans as to where he would go if something happened to his mom. It's just so unreal, because I met her mom several times.

So..hopefully the fates have had their fun, and it can all go uphill from here.

Prin
February 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Aww Raingirl. (((HUGS))) I'm sorry for all you're going through. I'm sending uphill vibes.:)

raingirl
February 16th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks.

We were thinking of cancelling our trip to Ottawa this weekend to help out, but my BF's brother said they don't need any help with anything right now. They said they just need space and immediate family to work out all the affairs, paper work, wills, etc. They might need more help next weekend packing and moving furniture etc.

I think it's just been a bad week for so many other people too. Iggette with her glass table, writing4fun's husband with a split nail...other threads of people with "woes" of their own....

Prin
February 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
From what I know of deaths, usually you're needed the most a couple of weeks later, when the family disperses and the sympathies wear off...

Yeah, I guess you're right about the week. And now Sungurl fell down the stairs.:(

CyberKitten
February 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
So sorry to hear all that Raingirl!! I'll say a prayer for her - and for your friend!! I hope the stress does not affect her pregnancy - has it been pretty normal thus far?

And sorry re Odin. Hope he's OK too - and take care of yourself too with all that stress at work, you need to get enough sleep and be good to hyourself. All common sense stuff but we need to do that sometimes, lol

My week is not so great but I have not lost any patients so that's a good sign I think. :) My own chemo is going very well - taking a good IV med and occassionally maxeran po for nasuea and it allows me to continue to work which is pretty kewl in my books!!!

Take care!! :grouphug:

mummummum
February 16th, 2006, 10:37 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

To you and yours from all of us here.

Iggette
February 17th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Oh Raingirl so sorry to hear about your friends situation.....it is very sad indeed given the circumstances

I agree it is in the weeks after that you will be needed most.

Cyberkitten
My own chemo is going very well - taking a good IV med and occassionally maxeran po for nasuea and it allows me to continue to work which is pretty kewl in my books!!!

I did not know (away from here so long) I hope you to will be better soon chemo is not fun I know. I hope you are feeling better real soon:love:

cpietra16
February 17th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Raingirl, I am sorry to hear about your week . I hope odin feels better soon, and your thumb heels fast.
I can understand your friends situation too. Just before the births of each of my three kids, I had a death in the family, approx. 3-4 months before my due date. After some soul searching I decided that each person who died wanted to come back as my child. To be part of my life. It got me through it and made me more excited to meet the child that would carry a spirit I knew so well. This is just the way I dealt with it... It's just my thoughts and expereince. I don't want to impose my beliefs on other people, just wanted to share.

joeysmama
February 17th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Oh Raingirl, I'm so sorry you're going through a bad time. Sometimes life is like that and you need to ride it out like a wave. I hope that things turn around for you very soon.:grouphug:

CyberKitten, I'm glad that your chemo is going well. That's great news. :thumbs up

glasslass
February 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
It sounds like a good week to just stay in and cocoon with the critters. Help each other heal. Hope better times are just around the corner.:grouphug: