Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am currently without an MPP to write to

PetFriendly
February 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I don't own a dog that's affected by the BSL nor do I really know anyone who owns an affected breed. But I own a rather well trained, rather small dog who doesn't fit any of the typical small dog stereotypes because I've worked hard to socialize and train him. So while I don't really understand what you all are going through, I think I get the idea.

My MPP quit to run for the feds so we are in the midst of getting a new MPP. One question I'm asking all candidates is for their stand on BSL and if they are willing to re-visit it based on stupidity...

I know its not much, and most of you probably have, but you should email your MPP instead of Dalton and Micheal and ask them for action, or an explanation for their in-action. Ask your familly and neighbours to do the same.

babyrocky1
February 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Your quite right Pet Friendly, most of us that have been around for a while have done all of that but we always need to keep up the pressure! Once the provincial election is called it will be time to really spring into action, You are in a good situaiton to demand that the new MPP declare their positon. Also there are bi-elections coming up in Toronto and in other locations in Ontario because of exactly what you mentioned, mpps being elected federally, so its a good idea to get the attention of the candidates right away. There are only a few of them for us to concentrate our energys on. Itll be like "practice" for the big election in 2007. :) I dont think the bi-election dates have been anounced yet, but I havent been paying too much attention. Still tired from the federal election:)