Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Dog is having problems after Bowel Movement..Please Help!

kimseven
February 15th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Lately when my dog has a bowel movement she will come in the house and act very strange like she is in pain. She will come in and sit up and won't move. This sometimes goes on for hours. The vet thought she was cramping up but nothing seems to help. I have given her gas-x but it does not seem to work. Anyone have any ideas on what would be wrong. I am going to take her in for blood work after the gas-x trial is over. She just seems to be in pain. She is a seven year old Cairn Terror..oops.. Terrier! Thanks for any help given!

jesse's mommy
February 15th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Did the vet recommend the gas x or did you give it on your own? You should never give animals human prescriptions. They can react totally different from us and can actually die. Please take your dog to a vet as soon as possible.

cpietra16
February 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Did your dog eat something that he was unable to digest, or something lodged in his stomach. With all the talk of greenies you can never be too careful. Good luck at the vets. Please let us know

kimseven
February 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM
The vet did prescribe the gas x. Two years this summer she swallowed a half an ear of corn..which landed her in the vets for three days. SHe adventually passed it. I personally think this is an effect from that. The vet did not think so. She still thinks it is cramping. Hopefully when I take her back they will do blood tests and x-rays. Thanks for your input!