Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Watch were your going! Rant

doggy lover
February 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM
As I have said in the past my husband works construction. In the last few weeks he has been in one accident and almost hit by a car. Why can't people watch where they are going. When construction signs are posted obey them, someones life depends on them. It could be my family that you are going to destroy. My daughter would never have a father to walk her down the isle when she marries, my son no dad to teach him to drive, and neither would have their dad there for graduations.

The guy who almost hit him with the car came in inches of his legs as he stepped out of his machine, and then after the company sent people and police to talk to the guy he had the nerve to come back and ask my hubby if he thought he was chicken........What that was all about who knows.

Yesterday someone decided to drive their car into the back tire of the back-hoe he was driving. Didn't hurt the machine but wrote off the car. How can you miss a large orange machine that weighs a few thousand pounds I have no idea and the sad thing is this is not the first time it has happened.

So please when you see men working construction on the roads, SLOW DOWN. It could be my husband that you almost killed and after 24 years of marriage I don't want to have to train a new one.

jesse's mommy
February 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM
My grandmother hit a parked yellow bus once and said she didn't see it. :o

Writing4Fun
February 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM
...and then after the company sent people and police to talk to the guy he had the nerve to come back and ask my hubby if he thought he was chicken........What that was all about who knows...
That was about people being complete (insert your favourite derogatory remark involving a part of the male anatomy here). I was almost hit by a car once. I had the crossing signal, but Mr. Acura decided he was in too much of a hurry to wait, so he almost took my toes off. He was close enough that I was able to just lift my hand and tap the back end of his car - I didn't have to reach, just lifted my hand and let it fall. :evil: Well, wouldn't you know it? He actually parked his car, got out and chased after me! He started screaming obscenities at me and my sister, and we screamed back for a while. I was hoping a police car would come by at that point, but wouldn't you know it? Nary a cherry in sight. :p