Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Saved the cat from injury, now I'm off work 2 weeks

Iggette
February 14th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Anyone ever have your kitties run under your feet? and you feel like your doing the tango to avoid stepping on them?

Well I believe I did the tango of my life on the weekend, I avoided the cat alright but lost my footing, slipped on my harwood floors and crash right onto my glass table.:rolleyes:

23 stiches later the cat is fine:) but now I am forced to stay off work for 2 weeks because I have a laceration on my leg that they fear may become job related if I were to injure it again in the factory.

So I would like to now caution those of you that have glass coffee tables or are planning to buy one .....ask if the glass is tempered ( I think thats it?) the kind of glass that shatters into a million pieces if broken.....because apparently mine was not it broke into huge dangerous shards of glass that could have killed me had I landed differently. (I'm trying to look at the bright side here if there is one:D ...lol)

Everyone already thinks I'm a crazy cat lady 'cause I bring food and meds for the factory cat, wait till they get a hold of this info.....lmao

I'm just glad it was me and not a visiting child or something

No More glass tables for this chick, I'm gonna go out and buy me a nice wooden one:D .

So I guess your all stuck with listening to my babble for the next 2 weeks....lol.

PS .....Happy Valentines Everyone:love:

cpietra16
February 14th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Oh no:sorry: I hope you will able to sue your cat and get compensated for loss of wage:D ...I really am sorry. I am glad it wasn't a more serious injury. Take care and get better soon...and I agree with you about getting rid of all the glass tables. They are nice to have when you lived alone, but get a pet or kids and they become a hazard.

Writing4Fun
February 14th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Ouch!! So sorry to hear about your accident. But you're right - you're very lucky, it could have been a lot worse. I've always hated those glass coffee tables.

Prin
February 14th, 2006, 09:47 AM
ooo that sounds painful! What did you do to your kitty that made it want to do you in?

Tempered glass is important, not only for coffee tables, but any large windows that are low enough for a kid to fall through. We have huge bay windows in the front and I'm really hoping they're tempered glass. If my doggies bang them too hard one day, who knows what could happen.

Bushfire2000
February 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
:sad: Oww. That would hurt hope you recover well.

cindyann
February 14th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Ouch. That sounds like quite the cut. I never realized those tables would smash like that. Hope you heal quickly.

Iggette
February 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Oh no I hope you will able to sue your cat and get compensated for loss of wage

I wish.....lol apparently I have to file for disability if I want any sort of pay for those 2 weeks

ooo that sounds painful! What did you do to your kitty that made it want to do you in?

lol....I wonder do you think she was pissed off at me? I did just move her here with me like 5 days ago from the farm house perhaps she doesn't like her new surroundings:D

Thank you all for your well wishes the wound is healing well with a little help from some essential oils and conventional medicine as well:)