Happy Valentines Day!!

jesse's mommy
February 14th, 2006, 04:28 AM
So just wanted to say Happy Valentines Day to everyone! :love: :love:

Did anyone make out well? Any sparkley's or bling bling???? :D

Writing4Fun
February 14th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Nope, no bling for me. I'm not a "bling" kinda gal (although I do salivate at those People's commercials :D ). I'm holding out for my Pentax *istD - but that's not likely to happen today unless it falls from the sky right into my waiting lap (*looks up hopefully*). Dh and I haven't done Valentine's day in a long time. I usually get something from my 6 year old that he made at school, and those really are the cutest gifts :love: , so I'm quite happy if I get nothing else. ;)

Rick C
February 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM
I left a card and a gift basket for the still sleeping Mrs. C when I left this a.m. and will return with an armful of flowers at the end of the day . . . . . hopefully earning me at least a hearty handshake from my spousette of 20.5 years. :highfive:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 14th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I got my stuff last week because the man was supposed to go to Gaspé for 3 weeks starting yesterday. But he's not going. So I guess that's my Valentine's day present: to have a boyfriend here on valetine's day to take care of me while I'm sick.:love:

Oh and an armful of flowers would be nice too, even if I just got some last week.;)

Bushfire2000
February 14th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I left a card and a gift basket for the still sleeping Mrs. C when I left this a.m. and will return with an armful of flowers at the end of the day . . . . . hopefully earning me at least a hearty handshake from my spousette of 20.5 years. :highfive:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Can we put you in a bottle and spray that loving feeling on others. You are a prince among men!!

My oldest son got up at 4am and after hearing him bang around I went out to check what was going on (I thought Cocoa had jumped on a chair and was licking off the table, she hasn't done this but I wouldn't put it past her) So here is oldest son and he tels me to go back to bed I'll spoil the surprise. I hugged him and told him it was too early for a surprise. At 5:30 he came in our room and we very sleeppily told him to come back at 6:00 or 6:30.
The poor boy he'd made us breakfast!! By the time we ate it it was very cold. but he's a sweetheart.

jesse's mommy
February 14th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Rick C we definitely need to bottle you up and spray our men!!!

Well, we went to a sushi lunch and they brought out complimentary champagne (which was nice, but sake would've been better) and Jim gave me some chocolate (Yum -- especially right now!) and he got me a moose for my garden. (I love having animals in my garden and I fell in love with this moose at Walmart and he got it for me.) I got him a fishing pole! And tonight we are just going to relax and watch a movie togther.

We don't do anything big for Valentine's Day. We just like to acknowledge it and spend time together -- though I would never deny the bling bling! :D

jesse's mommy
February 14th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Does anyone else break chocolates open to see what is in the middle before you eat them???

joeysmama
February 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM
We don't do anything huge for Valentine's day but Tom bought me a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse, which is my favorite wine, and I baked him a pecan pie, which is his favorite dessert. I think we're probably going to head out now for some sushi. :love:

Jackie467
February 14th, 2006, 05:58 PM
We celebrated yesterday because Tomas has to work late tonight. We went to Hasta La Pasta which is the first restaurant we ever ate dinner together in. He got me 3 roses and a basket with two teddy bears, chocolate, and a picture frame in it. But the sweetest part was the card. It was a very simple card (with a dog on the front which he know I would love) but inside he wrote "If I could give you the world I would in a heart beat, but in the mean time here are a few things the world has to offer." He never EVER says anything romantic so that was a really nice surprise. Our relationship is on the rocks right now so him doing that and acting all lovey dovey made me feel really good.

papillonmama
February 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :love:

Me and the hubby had a nice day, just spending time together, hubby took the day off and we spent some time together and with the littlest kids. I bought him a giant plush rose and I made him shadow boxes with keepsakes of our twins, their baby boots and mitts and a couple of pictures.
My hubby is also a man of few words, but he gave me a really sweet card, and he wrote some very sweet things inside. I'm gonna keep it on the mantle for a while.
I baked him his favourite brownies, and he made dinner.
All around a very nice and relaxing day.

I hear ya Prin, I have a wicked cough I just can't shake, I don't even think I've gotten to the bad part yet.

raingirl
February 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM
we are celebrating this weekend by going to ottawa. Can't wait!

Prin
February 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Does anyone else break chocolates open to see what is in the middle before you eat them???
No, the ones I get I know by heart already.:D

My man made me crepes! (I'm bragging about it in every thread). He also did all the dishes. :love:

Writing4Fun
February 15th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well, after I spent the day yesterday telling everyone that we don't really "do" Valentine's day, hubby came home with one honker of a surprise. Mind you, it's supposed to be "ours", and it's supposed to count as our birthday/Valentine's Day/Mother's Day/Father's Day/Christmas presents to each other for the next 10 or so years. He got me an Olympus Evolt E-500 (http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1192) digital SLR. :D Boy, are you guys in trouble once I figure out how to use it! You'll be inundated with pictures of Phoebe from every conceivable angle! :p Now all I have to do is figure out if I can somehow claim this as part of the expenses for my business (how can I make a camera = engraving??), and then I'll be able to reclaim some of those birthday presents a little sooner. :highfive: :clown:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 15th, 2006, 09:24 AM
We both had to work yesterday - my hubby ordered me clothes from American Eagle and got my some roses too. I was really last minute I got him a card - some chocolates and a picture frame - I was going to stop at the jewllery store on the way home - but its gone out of business - and I had to rush home so he could go to work. We will probably go out for dinner or something when we have some time off together.

Rick C
February 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Mrs. C retaliated by getting me a couple more games for the Play Station Portable she bought me for Christmas.

You'd hardly know we're both advancing towards 50.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jessi76
February 15th, 2006, 01:11 PM

alot of chocolates come with a little map - it tells you what's inside. ;)

I came home to find the salmon still in the packaging, defrosting on the counter. nice. so I ask, umm, and you didn't make dinner, because??? his reply "i don't know how to cook salmon" - lies, all lies.

then he asks if I want my present, because "it might help me cook dinner". I told him if it's not Emeril in a friggen box, forget it.

after I cook dinner, he gives me a large box... (i'm thinkin, oooh maybe it is Emeril!) but alas, it's a radio for the kitchen. it's very nice, and I do like it, but his "it'll help me cook dinner" almost sent me over the edge.

HunterXHunter
February 15th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I came home to find the salmon still in the packaging, defrosting on the counter. nice. so I ask, umm, and you didn't make dinner, because??? his reply "i don't know how to cook salmon" - lies, all lies.

then he asks if I want my present, because "it might help me cook dinner". I told him if it's not Emeril in a friggen box, forget it.

after I cook dinner, he gives me a large box... (i'm thinkin, oooh maybe it is Emeril!) but alas, it's a radio for the kitchen. it's very nice, and I do like it, but his "it'll help me cook dinner" almost sent me over the edge.

LOL...that sounds like something I would do for my girlfriend...

I've been ***SUPER*** busy lately at work, so this year I had no time to pick-up any flowers for my gf :o but she's very understanding :D

We went for dinner at Day & Night Steak House and it was PACKED!!! Even though I made reservations for 19:30, we didn't get a table 'til 20:00!!! Afterwards, I dropped her off home because she has a midterm this Friday, and I have work the next day (today).

SarahLynn123
February 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ours was really nice. I took him out for dinner to the Japanese Village (yumm yumm yumm) anyone in Calgary who has not yet been must go immediatly!!!

and he bought me new shoes!!!!!!!!

jesse's mommy
February 15th, 2006, 05:31 PM
alot of chocolates come with a little map - it tells you what's inside. ;)

Unfortunately the box he got me didn't have the map -- but I did look for it. :D He asked me a few hours after he gave me the chocolate "did you take a bite out of these to see what was in there?" I told him, no I broke them open and he gave me this look because EVERY PIECE WAS BROKEN IN HALF!! :eek: He ate all the ones I didn't like -- now that's love!