Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maxies keep on being sick!

Mishkamax
February 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Firstly let me say hello to all members, and perhaps someone can give me some advice.

I live in Scotland with my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Maxie is 11 years old, and apart from my son and husband has been one of the great loves of my life! Mishka is a very young 4 year old.

Maxie has been vomiting clear very slimy and foamy vomit, usually after eating, he does not seem to be suffering any other ill health, expect perhaps old age.

Does any member have any suggestions to what might be wrong with him, I would have to be the last resort taking him to the vet as he just hates it so much.

Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

Best Regards to all, Ramona

russte
February 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM
:sick: How long has Maxie been vomiting, if is quite awhile I'd take her to the vet, but if it just started, I'd wait to see if she gets up what is disagreeing with her. I know my girls eat things outside constantly from wood to sticks and things around the house like toilet tissue, one of them just got rid of of my husbands leather lace from his slipper!(in her stool) I guess my point is that, dogs do throw up on occasion to get rid of things that isn't sitting well, hope all goes well. russte, piper and taffy

Lucky Rescue
February 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I'm afraid you'll just have to take him to the vet, no matter how much he dislikes it. He'll survive the vet visit, but may not survive if you don't take him.

At his age, vomiting can mean many things, including cancer and only a vet can tell you what's wrong.

Prin
February 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I would take him to the vet. We can't really diagnose over the internet because we haven't seen your dog.

woodysdad
February 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I had the same problem with my Ridgie - (see Dog not eating thread) - it was kidney problem, not inherent but something he picked up. He was on a drip for 24 hrs, but now he's back to his old self, eating drinking and playing. Take him to the vet - I learned from our Woody!:grouphug:

Mishkamax
February 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much, he's an old boy, and this vomiting just started about a week ago, its not every day, but I've noticed that if he gets anything rich to eat (remains of roast chicken tonight), but I will get him to the vet and get things sorted. Your not too far from me, I'm up in Banff but move to Montrose next week. Take care and many thanks.

Best Regards, Ramona