Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello - I'm new here

Notoes
February 11th, 2006, 07:13 PM
wondering whether Visine is appropriate for my cat's weepy eye??:sick: :sick:

cpietra16
February 11th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't try human remedies on cats unless your vet has ok'd it. Why is she weepy. Does she have a cold. When my cat had a cold her eyes and nose were always runny.

Notoes
February 12th, 2006, 04:16 PM
thank you for your reply...it appears that he may have a cold but his nose isn't runny...he is 15 years old and indoors at all times, so hopefully it's just a cold ...he's eating and drinking well as well. I was just concerned about his eye weeping, usually when it does, it goes away very quickly, this one has been a week now. I'll just keep gently wiping it for him...no human products other than kleenex!! Thanx again.:pawprint: :ca:

Prin
February 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Why not bring him to the vet to be sure it's nothing serious?

Notoes
February 13th, 2006, 02:20 AM
DUH you gotta be from quebec lol with that suggestion , if u have the money we will send him DUH!!

Sneaky
February 13th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Notoes -
often vets will see your animal on a payment
plan. The average vet visit is around 76$ for a checkup,
as if they can take payments...most will.
Im on a student loan and have very very little money,
but when my pets are sick - they go to the vet.

CyberKitten
February 13th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Regardless of where you live, there is a vet that will see your little one - kittens and cats should be seen by a vet. And no, visine is not appropriate for a cat. Their eyes are different than ours. Your vet can make a good recommendations. You surely can affird one if you have an animal - No one adopts an animal without first being certain they can afford vet care. If you do have financial probs - and none of us are immune from that at certain times in out lives, find a vet who will set up a payment plan for you.

Good luck with youre kitty! There is no such entity either in human (which I know a little about, tho we all do actually) health or feline health as "just a cold". If you are asking questions, this indicates you need help. Your vet - and you must have at least have one - we all bring our pet to meet the vet when we bring our kitten (or other - bunny, puppy, etc), home. So, even if you call your vet, s/he may be able to help that way.

Notoes
February 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM
thank you all so much for your replies and should he run a temperature we'll get him to the vet's - he seems to be better...eating and drinking well...and he is 15 years old, so perhaps it just takes him a bit longer!!!:pawprint:

jawert1
February 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
DUH you gotta be from quebec lol with that suggestion , if u have the money we will send him DUH!!

no need to be rude about Prin's advice, as far as any of us is concerned you find a way to aid your pet when they're in need, even if that means asking your vet for a break in fees. i hope your cat recovers

Writing4Fun
February 14th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Um, yeah, Notoes - I'm wondering where that reply to Prin came from? I live in Ontario as well, and my pets will go to the vet whenever needed. A simple once-over shouldn't cost that much. Where about are you? Maybe someone can refer you to a less expensive vet?

Notoes
February 17th, 2006, 03:07 AM
We found the solution @ a pet value store called "Eye Clear" We did some extensive research on the net which saved us big $$$$$ & a trip to the know it alls @ the vet!! Thanks so much for all your input!!