Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What happened on January 29th ?

joeysmama
February 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm just curious. At the bottom of the page it says "most users ever online".

On January 29th of 2005 there were 583 users !! Did something happen on that day to prompt a lot of visits to the site? Was it something that I wasn't aware of because of geography, or not being as involved in animal related matters or what? That couldn't have just been a coincidence could it? The most I've ever seen is around a dozen.

Prin
February 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I think it was just a coincidence. Some days there are 400-something on, but in the (almost) year I've been here, I've never seen it get up as high as 550...

joeysmama
February 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Alright, since I'm on a roll with silly questions today........I just noticed that they do actually give a number at the bottom of the page. I had previously only noticed that they have some names listed. Until I read Prin's answer I hadn't noticed that it says a number of users above those names. It was 200and something just now, but only 7 or 8 names listed. If ther are that many people on the site why does it list just a few names? Is it because the other people are just popping in to check it out and haven't registered?

And yes I do have other things to think about.;) I don't know why I'm just Curious George tonight !

glasslass
February 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM
It lists the number of members, and also the number of visitors, currently on-line. Maybe it's better you didn't notice. Stage-fright?:eek: :crazy:

Prin
February 12th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of lurkers. If you click on "Currently Active Viewers" at the bottom, you can see who is online and what they're doing (unless they're hidden).