Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

School Moral Program

coppperbelle
February 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Part of the Moral program this year in the school where I work is going to be about animals and more specifically pets. Today we started a campaign to collect things for the SPCA Monteregie like Canadian Tire money, collars, leashes etc.... The children will learn why it is not good to buy a pet from a pet store. Different visitors from the SPCA and the Montreal Association for the blind will be visiting the school and speaking to the kids. A member of our rescue group will also be visiting and talking to the kids about rescue and therapy dogs. Maybe by educating the kids about proper animal care they will in turn educate their parents. :fingerscr

poodletalk
February 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Who from the Monteregie is going to speak?

I think this is a great idea, going to schools and trying to educate the kids.

coppperbelle
February 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I don't know if the person is from the Monteregie or Montreal Spca. The donations I know are going to Monteregie. One of the teachers has organized the representative from the SPCA.

mastifflover
February 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I think that is such a great idea. Educate them while they are having fun. You are right maybe they will take home what they learn to their parents.

Prin
February 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Definitely a great idea! Lucky kids to get a great start in pet care! :)

catsnatcher-CDN
February 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Now that's a school moral program! It's a great idea :thumbs up

coppperbelle
February 10th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I work in a great school. It is a small school with a huge heart. That is our motto by the way.

The stuff has already started to roll in for the SPCA and the letter went home yesterday.

At Christmas time the Moral project was helping others. We collected almost 1000 articles of non-perishable items for HOPE which is an organization on the south shore that helps people in need. Not bad for a school of only 170 students.

In the spring we are doing an Earth Day project for the Moral program.

poodletalk
February 10th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Copperbelle, can you please send me a pm to tell me who's organizing this morale day with the donations going to the SPCA Monteregie. We would diffently like to send them a thank-you letter.