Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where do your pets hide while you're vacuuming?

jawert1
February 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
So I vacuum every other day, and normally Peaches will walk along behind me protecting me from the vicious cleaning tool, but Simon will hang out on the couch or on his bed (just away from the vacuum). Tonight I finished up and came back into the living room to the following sight:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/persephonesdoll/HidingSimon.jpg

He normally steers clear of the rolling chair but I guess the vacuum was worse!

Byrd
February 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I leave the back door open so she can go outside, and she stays out there!

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Jesse doesn't hide, she barks at it and chases it. So we chase her back!

Prin
February 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Jemma and Boo just move around. They don't care as long as they're not in the same room as the vac.

Cathy1
February 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Duke loves the vacuum. I even bought a pet brush for the vacuum so I can brush him and clean up the hair at the same time. My other dog Teddy doesn't like it at all he moves to another room.

russte
February 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM
You guys aren't going to believe it but my girls LOVE:love: the Vacuum, they get all excited when it comes out they like their cheeks sucked!!!:crazy:

doggy lover
February 8th, 2006, 09:32 PM
The cats can't care less unless I get near them and they just walk away. Tucker goes under my bed, doesn't like the loud noise.

mona_b
February 8th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Well my one cat Casper is deaf,so he couldn't care less...Winnie,well she takes off...I got Tron used to it when he was a pup,so it doesn't bother him one bit..:)

domesticzookeep
February 8th, 2006, 09:59 PM
too funny!

vacuuming is the only time at my place when I can guarantee no play fighting or chasing - it's every cat & dog for themselves, with all of them scattering in different directions as far away as they can get....on/under the beds, on the fridge,etc....oh, except for my deaf dog - she just looks indifferent at it & has that 'hey, why's everyone leaving?' look :p

So, I use the floor piece to vacuum the deaf one, to the absolute horror of the others that peek out from their hiding spots....I can just imagine what their thinking....'OMG, its ON you! NO, don't roll over, RUN Molly! RUN for your LIFE!' :crazy:

C.
:ca:

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
You guys aren't going to believe it but my girls LOVE:love: the Vacuum, they get all excited when it comes out they like their cheeks sucked!!!:crazy:

My childhood dog loved the vacuum too. We would put the attachments on the cleaner and just run it down his back. He loved it. He loved it so much that my parents eventually got a flowbie for him to cut his hair. Once again, loved it!!!

jiorji
February 8th, 2006, 10:13 PM
my kitties usually just hide under something and observe. You can see they get all tense and confused at the same time. hehe

my friend;s cat apparently loves getting vacuumed. I wish mine did that. Would help with the shedding.

AliSam
February 9th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Sam either lies on the couch (as usual) or just moves away from it. As long as it doesn't touch him, he's fine.

Viv
February 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Chloe tries to kill the evil Darth Vacuum!

SchnauzerGirl
February 9th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Schultz and the vacuum are arch enemies! He makes this really strange noises and tries to attack the evil thing. I also have a dust buster that he tries to eat when I turn it on. He really freaks out when the evil vacuum tries to suck in his beard.

CyberKitten
February 9th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Most of every pet I have had - as part of my family growing up or as an adult - never feared the vacuum. Indeed, my choc lab nephew dog loves for me to taje the vaccuum to him and I get some of his hair- and he has LOTS! - that way when he visits. As for YY and the Sphynx Girls, they do not run way from it- they are a too nosy I think and want to see what it will do and God forbid they miss something, lol

chico2
February 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Usually I vaccum when hubbie takes the cats out,once Rocky came in before I finished,ran headfirst into the screendoor and then out again:D
They are terrified of the vaccum,but I only vaccum about once a month:eek:
Use my Swiffer every day for hair and dust..

Bearsmom
February 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Bear usually takes off into another room as soon as the evil machine comes out. Then he'll stand and peek around the corner with these loooong mournful eyes.

Kaos is so outta there, I usually find him hiding under a table squished into the smallest ball he can be squished into.

They're wierd.

ZebbyZeb
February 11th, 2006, 06:15 AM
it's every cat & dog for themselves, with all of them scattering in different directions as far away as they can get....on/under the beds, on the fridge,etc:

Ours do the scatter bit, too...all except Miss Kitty, who just doesn't move from her box.

BTW, Vacuuming the deaf dog just cracked me up!! I can still hear the others gasping in panic. :eek: Thanks for the chuckle. :D

Frenchy
February 11th, 2006, 11:38 AM
the 3 of them will be were I have to vaccum!They swith place to the next room I have to vacuum!When it's warm oustide,I leave them in the yard with something they can chew for a loooong time.

Luvmypit
February 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Capone is interested in it and sometimes will lunge at it, or do the play stance in front of and as soon as I move it towards him...boom he runs like the wind.

My parents lab Cane loves to be vacuumed. My mom says he follows her around waiting for her to turn it on him. Capone prefers my hair dryer instead. When I am upside down blow drying my hair he will sit directly under my head and try to catch some heat.

Beautygirl
February 15th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Our last dog Beauty hated the vaccuum. She would stay in the living room when we were at one end of the hall and when I got half way out and changed outlets, she would go into our room under the bed.

Precious is still not sure. She run at it, run away, run at it, run away. Not too close though. Funny thing is that she's more afraid of the little dustbuster then the big vaccuum.

Donna Marie
February 17th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Skittles: under my son's bed
Cleo: under my bed
Gizmo: under the loveseat
Sam: under the couch
Frodo: attacks the vacuum (he's deaf so it's just another toy for him)