wondering if maybe there's medication to get her to settle down before she
bites someone.

williamsong

Prin
February 8th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Have you spoken to a dog trainer?

tenderfoot
February 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Ahh, the little dog with the big attitude. Even though you say you have tried to discipline her, if she doesn't respect you in the first place it won't make much impact. It is about who you are with her all of the time not just when she needs to be told no. You need to work on asking her to do lots of things throughout the day and making sure she does them. You are the boss and she is your humble servant scenario. She needs to be asking for your permission for everything she wants. If you can provide her with wonderful leadership then she should fall right into place and change her attitude.

PetFriendly
February 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Small dog syndrom... Yep, that's probably it. But, the good news is its easily fixable. Like Tenderfoot said, the dog thinks its the boss and nothing you say really matters. Tenderfoot's suggestion of making the dog work for eveything will help fix your problem. You can also keep the animal off the furniture, couch, bed, etc.

If you haven't taken obedience, I'd sign up for classes, that will help put you back inthe boss of the house role, plus a good trainer can also help with your cranky pup problems and offer tips and help troubleshoot.

mona_b
February 10th, 2006, 08:42 PM
How old is she?..Has she always been this way?

I would definately have her assest by a trainer...Even a behavioural trainer.

How are you disaplining her?

This could also be genetic do to bad breeding.....Where did you get her?