Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is Pooping a Production?

Corrie
February 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Is pooping a production at your house? It sure is at mine! My little Westie Charlotte has to sniff for a good 3-5 minutes before finding JUST the right spot…then we circle…circle some more…circle the other way…no, it’s not the right spot after all! Find another spot…start the circling routine once again…and finally go! Now keep in mind that this is after she has asked to go outside!

Anyone else have a dog who make pooping a production?
:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 8th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Joey does. First he takes about 5 minutes of sniffing to find a good spot. As soon as he goes he begins kicking the grass in all directions while ferioucously growling and barking the whole time. :evil:

SunGurl372
February 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Anyone else have a dog who make pooping a production?
:)

ABSOLUTLEY!!! Harley drives me nuts. She'll sniff around for the longest time until I'm ready to pull my hair out. Finally, she'll start to hunker down over her chosen spot. Is this it??? Nope! She gets just about comfortable, stops and sniffs the ground really hard, and then jumps back up like something bit her. Then she has to run in a circle around me, just to come back to where she started. Starts to squat, this is it....NOT!!! We can do this five or six times, easy.

I used to follow her around in the circle when I first got her, I'm sure my neighbors thought I was loopy. Now I just stand there and pass the leash around me.

cpietra16
February 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM
My Winnie, a lab, travels the length of the yard...and its big. She then goes right to where she always goes,nowhere around the lenth, but the middle of the yard, sniffes around like she has never been there before then will make it look like she's about to poop....but oh no...not perfect ,so she goes round and round sniffing again. For her finale( drum roll) she poops about a foot away from where she last pooped.
To make things worse..she starts there every time . If she just pooped to begin with I could have been back on the computer writing on pets.ca:D

Beautygirl
February 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM
:D I think most dogs do this. Precious goes out walks in front of the house, across the driveway, around the swingset, down around the back of the house, up to the front again. Then she'll do it all over again. Finally she'll find the perfect spot, do her business, run like the wind and almost take me off my feet. Must smell pretty bad, I guess. :yuck:

jessi76
February 8th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Tucker will sniff.... but forgets that he's sniffing for a spot, and starts to track moles & voles and other little critters under the snow... I remind him to "go poop"... as he's tracking a mole, he comes across a previous poop... stares at me with a look of sheer horror & disgust.... back to sniffing....comes across tracks in the snow (his own)... then sniff's out where he went pee 2 hrs ago.... finally he stops sniffing.... and starts digging.... i remind him again to GO POOP... and suddenly he bolts around me in circles, total zoomy-craziness.

finally when he's cold, shaking, and wanting to go back in, he poops.

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Tucker will sniff.... but forgets that he's sniffing for a spot, and starts to track moles & voles and other little critters under the snow... I remind him to "go poop"... as he's tracking a mole, he comes across a previous poop... stares at me with a look of sheer horror & disgust.... back to sniffing....comes across tracks in the snow (his own)... then sniff's out where he went pee 2 hrs ago.... finally he stops sniffing.... and starts digging.... i remind him again to GO POOP... and suddenly he bolts around me in circles, total zoomy-craziness.

finally when he's cold, shaking, and wanting to go back in, he poops.

Jesse is just like this, except as she is pooping something catches her attention and she starts walking, stops drops a turd, walks again toward whatever grabs her attention, stops, drops another turd and it goes on until she has accomplished spreading one poop into five different spots. Then she is so excited and comes running full force at us! :eek: