Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat that vomits

pete0223
February 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM
my cat vomits after she eats,but not all the time is it the food or is it her long hiar hair balls

monkey04
February 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM
We used to have this problem with one of our cats, and it seems to have been corrected now.
Bear with my while I give a bit of background!

We definitely knew when it was a hair ball, you'll see the hair in it.
Sometimes it was undigested food though, and that again was very obvious as it looked like it could go right back in the bowl (ewww).

We had them on cheap, no name stuff and we honestly never monitered how much they ate, neither of them are overweight and they were active.
Because of vomiting, shedding, and they were just kinda smelly. I spoke to out pet store and she really suggested we put them on better food and limit their intake to about 1 cup.
We've done this now, and not only do they not smell or shed as much, our one cat has not vomited in a LONG time. :thumbs up Not sure if the bad food was just bad for her stomach or (what I think may be very likely) she just gorged because it was there.
But the point is she's stopped.

So maybe take a look at how much and what you're feeding it and go from there!
Hope this helps.

Shamrock
February 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
It could be her diet. What type of food is kitty eating?
I also had an episode with one of my cats vomiting intermittently after eating. I was feeding Royal Canin, and a switch to another brand of food solved the problem. Some cats do not digest corn well, yet many commercial foods contain this ingredient..
If you are concerned about hairballs, I would reccomend also trying a product such as Petromalt to help in the area.