Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

domain name/web server

raingirl
February 6th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Anyone know any cheap domain name registries and/or webservers?

My BF needs to build an online portfolio to help him get a job, and the free places won't work for the type of advance programming and graphics he needs to use.

Any ideas?

catsnatcher-CDN
February 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
godaddy.com is the cheapest and most reliable for the price

CyberKitten
February 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Almost every good ISP offers free web space - not much mind you, occasionaklly 5-10 mgs - but could he not use that and buy a domain name? Also, most univrsities and credible schools are supposed to offer space for their students for their work. We certainly do!! (as do every university and even some of the more iffy private schools in our region). He should ask one of his professors. Another option is to ask some company or nonprofit with free space to help him - some are only too happy to do so. (I mean - this is not something that he plans to use forever, right - he will move the files later - or does he want to start with a domain and server company mmediately). There are varying prices and reviews in Consumers and Smart Computing of such services as well.

jesse's mommy
February 6th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Jim is a computer guy and he always tries godaddy as well. He also suggests them to others when they ask him.

Writing4Fun
February 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I'm with ComfortHost (http://www.comforthost.net) and they're pretty inexpensive for domain names and hosting. Their customer service is pretty good, too.

Dee-O-Gee
May 3rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Who is your internet provider? Companies like Sympatico or Cogeco have free .com services.

I have my own website with my internet service provider. :thumbs up