chico2
February 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Isn't he a beauty and friendly too...

chico2
February 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
and a larger view..it's Lake Ontario,by the way:D

meggie1425
February 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Beautiful pictures, theres TONS of them in the water! its seems like you were able to get pretty close to them too! I love how all the different types of birds are all gathered together. Definetly different weather that what we're having today:rolleyes:

wdawson
February 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
nice photos , did you take those in bronte?

chico2
February 7th, 2006, 09:12 AM
wdawson,I took them in Coronation park,just down the street from me,the board-walk would take me to Bronte a walk we take often,when it's not too cold,which it is today.
The birds are very,very friendly and there are all kinds,we are not supposed to feed them..but heck,they look hungry:D

Prin
February 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Very pretty. So many birdies!:)

jiorji
February 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
great pictures

I don't know why but so many swans and geese gather up there at the shore and give you the evil eye when you approach. As if you'd want to eat that yucky dinner they've been saving since 2pm that day hehe

and I love when High Park get invaded by goose families with little ducklings :D
hehe so cute...

chico2
February 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
jiorji,ours do not give evil looks,they are nice big birdies:D
Geese have goslings,but I love little duckilings too:rolleyes:

doggy lover
February 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I was talking to my friend near Owen Sound and they got 4 feet last weekend:yuck:

cpietra16
February 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Just curious...You see ducklings, you see goslings...but has anyone ever seen a baby seagull. I lived on Vancouver island for so long and I have never seen a baby seagull.:rolleyes:

chico2
February 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM
CPietra,that's true,I never have and neither have I seen a baby Pigeon,I have about 30 pigeons every day at my feeders.
I see baby Mourning-Doves every spring though and not many make it:sad:
Today,I saw a RED Squirrel by the feeder,they are supposedly extinct in this area,but I saw one:thumbs up and he was beautiful,so small,with great big eyes.

doggy lover
February 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Ours are more grey than the adults, more mottled colorings. But they are like pidgons they grow before your eyes.

Stacer
February 8th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hey Chico2, great pics, amazing for January. I've been seeing tons of geese on open water all over the place, global warming!

jiorji
February 8th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Geese have goslings,but I love little duckilings too:rolleyes:
yes...that they do hehe
that would make sense...goose-gosling.. still cute :D