Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Seriously

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2006, 09:42 PM
It can stop snowing any day now. We've got 40 cm already, with another 20 cm to come tonight. Seriously getting sick of snow.

Plus, our snowblower kakked out this morning.

gdamadg
February 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
LOL, I know the feeling. And after visiting my gf in Ottawa and seeing almost all of it gone, from the rain. Then I come home as it is snowing some more and I look in the back yard and soon enough my boat will disappear under a pile of white.

Rick C
February 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
On the flip side, we've got zero snow on the bald butt prairie here southwest of Calgary . . . . in fact, I took Abby & Keeper on a 13 km hike in Kananaskis County in the full bore Rockies today and mostly the dust was rising around my boots on some trails that would normally be heaven for cross-country skiers.

I think it was the mildest January here since 1941.

Sorry!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

gdamadg
February 5th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Rick C,

Yeah I have heard. I was talking to a friend in Calgary on the phone earlier today and she was making fun of me in the land of snow. If you want some, I am sure I could make you a deal. For free even, ;) .

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Just wondering why we had to have our entire ration of winter snow in 2 days. Now, don't get me wrong, if we can ski on it, I'm okay with that, but it's the drivers who insist on barrelling down the road like it's 30 degrees celcius and sunny that a: make my job very secure, and b: scare the hell outta me.

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 10:28 PM
When you go to get yer blower fixed, add a 400hp engine to it and blow the snow over here.:D

mummummum
February 5th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yipppeeeeeee !!!! It's snowing in Hogtown - THANKS Bearsmom! You must have got "yer blower" fixed ! Don't worry Prin - it's coming - it's coming - the SNOW is COMING !!! Hmmm... wonder if it's too late to wake the dawgs up ?!:crazy:

Inverness
February 5th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Hey ! I LOVE snow ! It's been snowing non stop here and I LOVE IT !!! :crazy:

It's never enough for me ! Look, it's gorgeous !

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8922/img24144pc.jpg

That's our dog run... the dogs are having the time of their life with all that snow ! The only problem is the fence... it's disappeared almost completely ! :rolleyes:

glasslass
February 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM
We're getting the first blossoms here and my camellias have been blooming for a week! About 65F and sunny today. I'll be crying when the temperatures hit 100F. The next 4 months should be pretty nice.

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, it just started a couple of hours ago here. It's supposed to snow till Wednesday... We'll see.

Writing4Fun
February 6th, 2006, 10:59 AM
SNOW DAY!!! :D :D My son is totally stoked, since Friday was a PA day and the busses were cancelled today - he got a 4-day week-end. We had bought him a body board during the last snow fall, and it all melted before he had a chance to enjoy it. I'm not a real fan of winter, but I am Canadian :ca: so I'm of the firm belief that you can't call it "winter" unless you've had a handful of major dumpings like this (and their accompanying school bus cancellations). ;)

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Well, the snow pretty well stopped as soon as I wrote that it started... Just a dusting.:(

shannonRN
February 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM
We're a bit snowy these last two days, but in general this has been and amazingly mild winter. If this is the result of global warming and holes in the ozone, I'm gonna go burn some plastics....Kidding, kidding. Don't let melanie read that.

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 12:54 PM
OMG, if Mel were here she'd go into premature labor.:eek: :eek:

No, isn't it el Niņo? I thought el niņo came and then la Niņa came after (cooling after the heat). There was no mention of el Niņo, but la Niņa is coming this summer (it's going to be a cold summer they say). Seems like el Niņo to me.

gdamadg
February 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
No, isn't it el Niņo? I thought el niņo came and then la Niņa came after (cooling after the heat).

LOL, Prin now it's El nOnO. The little lesser know brother. ;)

If any one wants some snow, they can come here and take all they want. Every time there is a big dumping (every other day), they pile it up in front of my house and then take it away just before the next dumping.

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Did someone say they want snow? Hubby had to shovel his way into the house last night because of the drifts that had piled up in front of the front door.

Since I'm only allowed one pic per post, I'll have to do this the hard way. Here's a shot from the front door...

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 07:40 AM
...and here's a shot out the back door...

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 07:41 AM
...and here's one of Phoebe having a romp in the snow...

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 07:42 AM
...last one, I promise. Here's one of Phoebe showing how much she loves the snow. :D

chico2
February 7th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Awww,beautiful snowy pics,Phoebe looks like she's in heaven.
We've been promised snow for a week now and we might have gotten 1/2 millimeter:mad:
I never thought I would ever say this,but I want 2 feet of snow!!!

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Awww,beautiful snowy pics,Phoebe looks like she's in heaven.
We've been promised snow for a week now and we might have gotten 1/2 millimeter:mad:
I never thought I would ever say this,but I want 2 feet of snow!!!
Yeah, Phoebe loves the snow. :love: She rolls in it, burrows in it, lies right down in it...she's really funny to watch. Hey, you're more than welcome to come up for a visit. I think 2 feet is just about what we got up here! :eek:

Inverness
February 7th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I want to come and play with her ! :crazy:

Snow is great, snow is wonderful ! I hate Summer ! :evil:

I want more !:D

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Come on up! There's plenty for everyone. :D

Bearsmom
February 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I LOVE the pictures of her, looks like you guys had as much as we did. Was dying this morning as I let our boys out into the back yard, Bear disappeared up to his neck and Kaos disappeared completely!