Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I feel like crap

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 4th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I feel like crap I had strep throat exactly a year ago and I feel like I am getting it again. I would call in sick to work except the women I drive doesnt have a car so if I stay home she stays home as there is no other way for her to get to work. Well I only have to get though the next two days then its my weekend maybe I will be better then.

jesse's mommy
February 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I hate getting sick. I fight it as much as I can until I finally give in and say I'm sick! Is there anything you can take to get you through the next two days? I know when I'm getting sick I like drinking hot tea with either honey or blackberry brandy (depending on if I'm home or having to go to work). I used to get bronchitis at least twice a year when I was a child and my grandmother had my father give me an old Irish remedy -- sipping on warm blackberry brandy. It helps immensely, but I can't drink it straight (Yuk). I have to mix it with tea, but it helps me.

raingirl
February 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Get some zinc lozenges with echinecia. THey a will kick that infection right away!

cpietra16
February 4th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Green Tea really works for me..tastes like cr##, but works

jesse's mommy
February 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I love green tea. It's one of my favorites.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 4th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I think I have some green tea here, maybe I will make my self a cup. Thanks guys.

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I like Ricola honey and herb losenges... Otherwise, the day I feel a cold coming on, I sleep at least 12 hours in one shot and usually feel better after.:)

I hope you're not sick.:fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 5th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I went to bed a half hour earlier last night and slept in an extra 1/2 hour this am. Sundays we get to start 1/2 hour later so thats a bonus. Thing is with starting so early the only thing open to get medicine is 7-11, hopefully they will have something. My cough is really bad which it makes it hard to talk to on the phone, you have to time so when there talking you can mute them and cough at the same time so they can't hear you.