Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my BF is driving me nuts today!!

raingirl
February 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I don't know why he is being such a nutball today!!

First, we were in Zellers and I was looking for some stuff. He was pushing the cart and disappeared on me SEVERAL times. Then some stupid women at the cash was begging people in line to let her in, as all she wanted to do was buy juice. It was a long line (lots of sales) and she was pissing people off, so my BF decided to actually say something to her, but telling her to get her butt to the end of the line like everyone else (a little embarassing, but she really deserved it).

Anyway, walking through the mall with our stuff from zellers to put it in the car, the case of pop BF is carrying breaks open and cans go everywhere! Luckily a store near by gave us a bag. There's karma for you. And he gets all pissy and "I'm a man, I don't need help" at me...anyway...that's his problem.

And that was just the embarassing parts!

We went to the grocery store to get some stuff for a party tomorrow, and I had a list. I burnt my finger this morning, so I'm one handed today. He was pushing the cart. Again, every time I tried to find him, he is all over the store. When I go to the grocery store I do fruits/veggies, breads, meets, dairy, then all the isles for the non-parishables. He was going up and down out of order and causing me to get all annoyed. He always just goes off and gets what "he" needs and never wants to consult on what to buy. Then I ask him what he wants, and he says he doesn't care....GRRRRR.

So..we get home and I"m trying to put the groceries away, clean the counter tops so I can get stuff out to make some chilli, and clean the fridge out, and he comes in and gets all in the way, starts working on HIS marinade for HIS potroast tomorrow, putting away dishes, and then starts washing dishes. We have a small enough kitchen as it is!

So now I'm here...he is still in my way in the kitchen...I guess dinner will be late tonight!

chico2
February 4th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Raingirl,sounds very much like what I am going through every day with hubby since he retired:D
He HAS to come groceryshopping with me,I am a quick shopper,get out as soon as I can,he lingers in every isle,buys half the store,things that we ABSOLUTELY need:D
Since I hate grocery-shopping,have been doing it for 40odd years and he loves it,I'll be handing the list to him from now on..I am just concerned we'll go bankrupt:evil:
Don't get me wrong though,I actually like having him home(most of the time:p )

Frenchy
February 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Hi hi Raingirl,too funny.My ex used to do this all the time,he had to push the cart because it's the "man's job",I was talking to him and turned around to ....not found him and find out I was talking to myself.I used to tell him that he didn't had to follow me around but at least to tell me when he was going in another direction!Don't have that problem anymore!!

joeysmama
February 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
When Tom comes to the store with me it always takes twice as long and costs twice as much.

They have their good qualities. It's just hard to remember them when they've been shopping with you recently. ;)

Writing4Fun
February 4th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Is it a full moon? Or a new moon? I can't tell because of this lovely weather we're having. I find men and animals always act bizarre around these two periods, and hubby is all moody tonight so I'm thinking it's got to be one of the two. :rolleyes:

raingirl
February 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Maybe that is it! Who knows! I know he was stressed trying to find a gift for his mom's bday, and it was almost 2 and we hadn't had lunch yet either, but we did have dairy queen so that should have made him happy.

Maybe it's his "time of the month"!

susieqt
February 4th, 2006, 09:26 PM
At least he GOES shopping with you; mine won't go near a store, he hates groceries in particular; like I enjoy grocery shopping????

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Actually I love grocery shopping, when I do a big trip I am usually gone for about three hours, I usually go to more than one store too, and of course hit a Tim Hortons on the way too.

My hubby and I never go shopping together unless its to the gap. Grocery shopping is always done on our own.

glasslass
February 4th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Frenchy, my hubby likes to push the cart too but then he follows me so closely that he sometimes clips my heels when I stop to look at something. I have to watch too because he thinks it's a challenge to sneak something in the cart and have me not notice until it's sliding past me on the checkout conveyor belt.

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I love bringing my boyfriend with me. He makes it fun. I grew up running through stores with a list and getting everything and only the things on the list. Now, we ad-lib. I only have a list of stuff I always forget to buy. The rest is free. Sure, sometimes it gets expensive, but it's the only way not to eat the same things over and over and to really browse through the new products and stuff. One time we putzed around too long and the store shut with us in it.:o

glasslass
February 5th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Sounds like a perfect excuse to open a bottle of wine and share some bread and cheese. Survival of course!

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 12:46 AM
LOL The funny thing was, we had a cart FULL of groceries and they wouldn't even let us buy them.:rolleyes:

shannonRN
February 5th, 2006, 12:54 AM
First, we were in Zellers and I was looking for some stuff. He was pushing the cart and disappeared on me SEVERAL times.

OMG, can I go back and add this to the one liner pet peeves? That is SO annoying.

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Really? I do it all the time. I mean we both know where the car is right? So what's the problem?

shannonRN
February 5th, 2006, 01:04 AM
The problem is....IT'S ANNOYING!

I hate roaming around the store trying to find Jack@$$, which is what I'm usually calling him by the time I find him, because I've gotten what we went there to get, and he's off perusing something totally stupid and completely unpredictable such as, say, pool accesories. Real example, and I should mention we don't have a pool. It's one thing if it's mutually agreed upon, but another when one just "disappears." Sorry for the mini-hijack!

jesse's mommy
February 5th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Frenchy, my hubby likes to push the cart too but then he follows me so closely that he sometimes clips my heels when I stop to look at something. I have to watch too because he thinks it's a challenge to sneak something in the cart and have me not notice until it's sliding past me on the checkout conveyor belt.

I clip Jim's heels all the time, but it's not because I follow him too closely, it's because he putzes and is really slow, then comes to a dead stop without me realizing it. I keep telling him to "keep moving".

I'm constantly giving the "eye" when I see things on the conveyor belt and he just gives me that smile like "I love you". :rolleyes:

Amiga Girl
February 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
I used to complain and nag about shopping behaviour on my boyfriend's part (among other annoyances!), and now that he's had enough and left, I would give anything to see him come from an aisle after I've been looking for him and say "what?" like he really had no idea.....

chico2
February 5th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Amiga girl,you make a good point:love:
Having been married 40 yrs,life would be awfully lonely without him,we jokingly complain:D but what if we had nobody to complain about...
We're retired and if hubby(being from France)likes good cheeses,good pate,shrimps etc..I'll just smile and say,sure honey go ahead!!

jesse's mommy
February 5th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I'll just smile and say,sure honey go ahead!!

I smile and say you can get it as long as you are paying! :D

chico2
February 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Well,that is one of the mysteries to me in todays young couples,in my house there was always one bank:D
If I had to rely on my income I would have been up the creek:D
Hubbies wallet is an open bank to me,since I have not worked for a few years,suits me just fine:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
February 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
We are working on getting a joint bank account -- once we get settled here it'll happen, but we have too many things on the "to do list" that take priority. As for our wallets, they are open to each other. It's just natural after being together for so long.

Prin
February 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
We had a joint credit card for about 10 seconds. My boyfriend couldn't stand the commitment. :D Everything is separate, but seeing as I'm a starving student, if I'm broke as hell, he finds money that he owes me for something... ;) :love:

glasslass
February 6th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I'm constantly giving the "eye"

LOL Hubby calls it "the hairy eyeball" too!

jiorji
February 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM
uhhh...correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ALL males did that at the store. Which is why my mom goes grocery shopping alone. hehe

When my dad goes it takes him FOREVER to decide on what he wants. it's so much faster to go shopping alone :D

sorry but I don't see why you're complaining lol

At least he cooks and goes grocery shopping with you. And ppl who cut in front of the line are just spoiled brats! Why should they be any more special to cut in front just cos they're buying one item?? That's what the express line is for ! I like giving people like that the evil eye hehe:mad:

hope tomorrow's a better day for ya.

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 01:12 PM
It's true, eh? I'd be thrilled if my man stood up for himself when nobody else does.

Writing4Fun
February 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Well,that is one of the mysteries to me in todays young couples,in my house there was always one bank:D
I'm with you on that one, Chico. I was watching (dare I say her name here? let's just call her Ms. O) a while ago. She had a marriage councellor on talking to people who had hidden debt from their significant others (like one woman had racked up an extra $100,000 worth of debt that hubby didn't know about:eek: :eek: ). There was a lot of arguing going on about "his" debt and "her" debt. The councellor said something to the effect of, "I'm pretty sure the minister didn't pronounce you a 'joint venture'.":D I thought that was pretty funny. I have a few friends who split their finances, even after buying a home and having children together. It's almost like they're planning for their inevitable divorce! :eek: :( When hubby and I got engaged, my FIL (RIP) suggested to my hubby that we get a prenup. I said, "What the heck for? Neither one of us has one thin dime to our names!" :p

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
It's almost like they're planning for their inevitable divorce!I think that's true. I know the reason that my man and I don't have anything joint is because it's the last remnant of your independence. Being a student, there's way more overlap and I hate it. I like being self-sufficient and having my own money. I think we have barriers between our bank accounts but they're permeable barriers.:D

Also, everything in our house is clearly either 'his' or 'hers'. I think that comes from watching parents have nasty breakups and fighting over stuff horribly in front of us.

Luvmypit
February 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I have a maet cruiser. Meaning he will stand and look at all meat and anything that goes with it for hours if he could. We get the same meats every time but for some reason he enjoys the coldest section of the store. Arghhh!

As for Bank accounts we have seperate but he pays all the bills and I give him a cheque once a month for my half (more like 1/3). He then pays all the bills, buys the groceries and then gives me money for whatever I want. Works well for us. I do still have money left in my account and pay for my own car payment but he pays for my insurance with the money I give him.

shannonRN
February 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM
All of our $ goes into and out of the same 2 accounts, but we still make references that "I'm buying you dinner" etc. We kept our finances separate until about 2 years into marriage, and things just got a lot simpler once we combined. He writes out almost all the bills, and I balance the accounts (because I'm the one who always forgets to record transactions. Plus I can keep tabs on him. LOL, kidding)

At least by "meat cruiser" you don't mean he's checking out the other shoppers, which is what I thought you meant at first. :eek:

Jackie467
February 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Tomas and I have seperate bank accounts but we both know the others passcode for online banking and pins. We just don't think its necessary to have just one account. we have it set up so all we do is punch a couple of keys on the computer and we can transfer money from one account to another. We normally pay all the bills, except my car note, out of Tomas's account and then all the "fun" money comes out of my account. And now that we are having problems (whole other bag of worms that is killing me right now) I'm glad that we have seperate accounts because if we do split it will make it just a little bit easier on us.

chico2
February 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Jackie,I am sorry you are having trouble,hope it works out.:fingerscr I believe the younger generation,always has"if we split up"in the back of their minds and seperate finances makes it less complicated.
Once you have been married or common-law for a few years,in case you split,everything is split down the middle anyway.
My husband always made at least 3 times more money than me,but there never has been such a thing as HIS money or MY money,we are a couple and it's OUR money.
He would never go out and get a new car,new TV or whatever on his own it's a joint venture.
So,yes,we've been married a looong time and we share everything,except the TV's and remotes:D

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Aww, Jackie. I hope everything works out. You're a strong person and you'll find a way to be happy.:)