Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need help to report a puppy mill

downloader
February 4th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hey I came upon this ad selling all kinds of puppies, I need some one to help report it I'm not sure but it sounds like its from a puppy mill. Its in french.
http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=299007

Frenchy
February 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I think (i'm no expert) that the only thing you could do is ask the city (Mirabel) how much dogs can someone own in one house,he seems to have lottts of dogs!If he's not a breeder,I guess he doesn't have the right to own that much dogs.Or you can go and look for yourself,than you could make a complaint to Anima Quebec if you feel the need to.Kind a weird that they can post animal to sell in a car website.

cpietra16
February 4th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Can't you call the SPCA and report.I have been told that the dogs , at least in Quebec, have to be really sick and the person has many many dogs. You can go and pretend you will buy and look around and see if the dogs are in bad condition...not sheltered, fed, injured, etc. Good luck

Frenchy
February 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I just saw many (and I mean many!) puppies from diffrent breed to sell on @lesclassees. It was from the same city (Mirabel) and the same breeds.I went back on your link to compare the name and phone number.The link is not working,seems the add was taking off,or maybe it's my computer?They even had cats to sell!Smells like puppy mill.... or backyard breeding.

downloader
February 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM
News! got a small victory, had the user banned on that site, the Spca is usless with out any laws.:mad:

Frenchy
February 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
That's what I tough when I couldn't get the link anymore.YIPEE!Too bad they are still advertising elsewhere...

K9Friend
February 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I'm glad the forum owner removed the ad.
It's great to report these ads. Keep it up. :thumbs up
I'd get in touch with Anima Quebec.