Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost collie

Maja
February 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Lost Dog, rural Port Hope area
Caleb is a sweet natured tricolour Rough Collie. He's mostly black, with white mane and chest. His lovely face sports a rather long muzzle and deep set eyes that look a touch cross-eyed. He's older and rather weak in the hind end. He's been missing since Jan 30. If you've seen him, please call 905 753-2383 or cell 905 373-8781 or email mayalang@sympatico.ca

Maja
February 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Still missing. I'm just at a compelete loss, Kali has collar and id tags, even if someone doesn't think to call the shelter or vets. I know what the possibilities are but can't bring myself to give up.

cpietra16
February 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
did you place posters all over, including post offices, grocery store, vets office, door to door in your area. . I hope you find him. I had a rough haired collie and he was a sweetie. Please keep us posted. :fingerscr

chico2
February 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Oh no:sad: Caleb is beautiful,please don't give up.
Like CPietra says,posters everywhere,maybe even an ad in the local paper.
Check the Humane Society and any other rescue,he might have lost his collar.
I can imagine it's absolutely heartbreaking,but don't give up on him and please keep us posted.

BMDLuver
February 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
If you can get a bunch of friends, neighbours together, try a door to door with his photo on a flyer. Someone may have seen him and can point you in the right direction to look. I hope you find him safe and sound.

Maja
February 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the encourgement. I've posted pictures in obvious places, including on my mailbox - the mailperson covers a large area here.
Neighbours and area people are on the lookout, and I call the vet offices regularly. More pictures posted is good idea. Sometimes one just needs a bit of encouragement to get going again.Thanks.

Maja
February 22nd, 2006, 03:12 PM
:sad: Thank you to everyone who was watching for Caleb. Sadly his body was found today.
Maya

jessi76
February 22nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sad:

chico2
February 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
Oh no Maja,that is heartbreaking news,I am so sorry:sad:

doggy lover
February 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

happycats
February 22nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time.
RIP sweet Caleb.

Sheltielover
February 22nd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Maja, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least now theres closure, for you. Something I'm still looking for with my lost Sheltie. My thoughts are with you.

cpietra16
February 22nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you found his body. Now he could be put to rest with love and care. RIP Caleb

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Oh no! I am SO sorry this beautiful old guy had to end his life this way.:sad: