Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

everyone hug their dog for me pleez

dogcatharmony
February 2nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
i want everyone to hug their dogs for me because i never realized how awesome of an animal they really are. ( sorry but i have always been a cat lover). i have a medical history ( severe panic attacks) and have been on meds for some time (some days they work some days not). last year i decided to get a dog to help me get out of the house if not for a walk at least in the back yard. everything went well ....we went for walks 2 times a day, i even managed to get out to two stages of obedience classes , long car rides and numerous trips to the pet store for anything her little heart desired. but lately my health has been bad and this is where she totally amazes me...........we still takes walks but now she stops and licks my face and nuzzles my hand when i get shaky and she understands that we can't walk for an hour anymore. she has never slept on my bed but now on some nights she jumps in before me and will not budge and will curl up for the night just like she knew it was going to be a hard night to come, and if i get dizzy she blocks me in and stands up and licks my face and doesn't let me move until i get situated. there is so much love in her and i can't believe how awesome she is and how grateful i am that she has come into my life.....so every one hug their dogs for me because i don't think there is any other animal that is so great!!!!!! cats r definitly second on my list now lol

Writing4Fun
February 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
What an amazing story and what a beautiful dog!! :love: You are truly blessed to have her in your life. :thumbs up

Prin
February 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
That's a great story. What a wonderful doggy.:grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 3rd, 2006, 07:04 AM
I will give my doggie a hug for you. My hubby doesnt like Joey to sleep in our bed, but quite frankly I dont mind at all, the other night I was down about something and he came in bed and nuzzled beside me it was just what I needed. Pets can be great therapists when your feeling not quite right.

jessi76
February 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
what a nice story! I'm sorry you suffer from panic attacks, but am very happy you have such a wonderful doggy to help you through and enjoy life with. They are truley amazing animals!

(btw - I hug mine about 100x a day! ;) )

Luvmypit
February 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
My eyes welled up at that little story.

Thanks for sharing. Its amazing how intuitive they can be especially when you need it the most. Give YOUR dog a hug for me cause he truly deserves it. What a great guy and oh ya hes sooo handsome too!

I have always said its a crime to live dog free.

mummummum
February 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Thank you for reminding us how truly blessed we are to have such love in our lives.

Copper'sMom
February 3rd, 2006, 08:16 PM
And this is why dogs are called "man's best friend.":) There is no greater love, companionship, or loyalty that you can get from anyone/anything other than a dog.:love: :angel:

Shamrock
February 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
What a wonderful story this is!
Thank you for sharing with us, and I wish you and your dear devoted companion all the best.
I will certainly give my doggie a hug... and easy to do as he is right on my lap.:)

CyberKitten
February 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM
That is a great story but don't kncok cats - my Siamese is my saving grace!! (and I love dogs too - I'd never put them down simply because my cat is the one that seems to know and ease my pain. It is the animal that is special not the breed. I did love your story though - just was a bit upset at your saying cats are number 2 (my own suffering has tried to make me feel fair and not discriminatory and I am sure that's not what you meant but it made me hug my kitty and tell her she was a greay girl too - all the therapy she does with my patients and me!!! We have some dogs that are dood too - it so depends on the particular animal.

I hope you find some help for your panic attacks!!!

chico2
February 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
What a beautiful dog and a wonderful but sad story:love:
As for cats/dogs,I love all animals..
I believe it all depends of what kind of relationship you have with your cats,my Tabby is very much into how I feel and is a great comfort to me,if I as much as cough he's all clingy and concerned.
A friend of mine is a"binge drinker"would drink 24hours/day for several days,he's now been"dry"for a couple of years and swears were it not for the love of his 5 cats,he would be dead.

Frenchy
February 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Such a nice story,and she is a beautiful dog.I had my dogs for 3 years now and I too,can say they have change me,they are amazing creatures.

glasslass
February 4th, 2006, 11:58 PM
It's unconditional love!