Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ottawa

raingirl
February 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Anyone here in the Ottawa area and know if the canal is frozen?

We're planning a short trip to Ottawa for a weekend towards the end of February.

Also, anyone know any hotels off hand that are dog friendly out that way? I know the holiday inn is, but it's a little expensive.

Writing4Fun
February 2nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
I know that these guys (http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/ChoiceHome?sid=O8l3.F3DUigrAN.6) have some hotels with decent rates and quite a few of them accept pets. I don't know about the canal, but I'd be really surprised if it was frozen solid.

raingirl
February 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
I was thinking about the Quality inn.... we stayed there the last time we were in Ottawa and it was really nice. I noticed that expedia has a sale and the price there is more than $30 cheaper per night than your link there.

StaceyB
February 2nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
I am sorry to say that it will probably be closed by the end of February. It has only been open 6 or 7 days since it was supposed to be opened. We went down last week and the skating was horrible.
They are opening it tomorrow for the day as it is the start of winterlude but who knows if it will stay open, it doesn't look good.
There is a link on the Achannel news site for the canal.

jesse's mommy
February 2nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Come to sunny Florida instead!!!

raingirl
February 2nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks Stacey.

I have only been up to Ottawa twice before, both times in the spring during the tulip festival. Skating isn't a priority (since we will have Odin) but I was hoping to at least see some winterlude stuff. I thought we were going 24/5/6, but we are going 17/8/9. Maybe we will get a cold snap soon (sorry...but I need at least one GOOD snow fall this winter or I will go mad!)

StaceyB
February 2nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
They will still have the winterlude festivities going on if you are going there during that time.