Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

swelling below the ears

jacques
November 4th, 2003, 03:30 PM
My five month old bitch developed a lump under her right ear yesterday, today there was a lump under her left ear ( these lumps are fairly big but she does not growl or wince when they are touched) later today she appeared and had blood all over herself when i cleane her up, the lump below her left ear had gone and there was a tiny hole which was leaking thin runny blood, her eyes have also got very swollen and blod shot and she is now scratching them causing them to bleed PLEASE HELP email me directly on sharonmaynard266@hotmail.com

Lucky Rescue
November 4th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Not sure what's wrong (could be infected abcess) but you need to take your dog to the vet now!

If it is an abcess, that's a very bad spot for it as the infection can run very deep, and she most likely needs to have it drained, flushed out and be put on antibiotics.

jacques
November 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Thank you thats what I thought someone would say, I would have done it today but this didnt all happen till recently and the vets are over an hours drive away (emergency ones 2hrs away) will she be ok till the morning whne the nearest one opens in about 12 hrs!! I have bathed her eyes and the wound with luke warm salt water