Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goldy's curled tail

rivee
February 1st, 2006, 11:41 PM
I just got an AKC Golden pup and noticed that he curls his tail over his back. Is there anything I can do to keep it straightened out?

Lucky Rescue
February 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
A golden's tail should never curl over his back. How old is this puppy and where did you get him?

You can't do anything about a tail.

rivee
February 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM
He's 8 wks. old and comes from Chisolms Goldens in Concord, CA.

Lucky Rescue
February 2nd, 2006, 11:05 AM
Oh..8 weeks. I don't know about that or if it will change.

Well, the curly tail would disqualify him in the show ring, but won't stop him from being a wonderful friend and companion!:)

rivee
February 2nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Oh..8 weeks. I don't know about that or if it will change.

Well, the curly tail would disqualify him in the show ring, but won't stop him from being a wonderful friend and companion!:)

Very very true.

I had thoughts of showing him, but it really doesn't matter that much if I don't shown him. I wasn't sure if it would straighten out with time seeing how he is only 8 wks.

Prin
February 2nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Well, the two newf mixes I'm fostering have little piggy tails... They don't flip over their back but they're all twisty and I imagine they'll straighten out because I've never seen a doggy with a twisty tail.;)

joeysmama
February 3rd, 2006, 07:40 AM
I've never seen a doggy with a twisty tail.

Except in the video of Odin that's posted under pet photography. LOL !! I think you might be able to open a bottle of wine with that tail. Very cute !:)

Prin
February 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Oh ya. Odin. But Odin is special in so many ways!:D