Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog attack

seeker
February 1st, 2006, 10:20 PM
I was unaware that other breeds could do this , I thought it was only pitbulls .
{Removing Provincially mandated Liberal brainwashing helmut:yuck: }
Actually I knew it all along .
You have to respect the fact that an investigation is already going on and "if" the dogs are at fault will be dealt with accordingly. No automatic euthanization, No political leaders jumping on the podium ranting about banning breeds ? No insanity !
I am not trying to make light of this it sounds quite serious ,what I am attempting is to point out the obvious as far as the possiblity that all breeds can attack .
Hopefully the little guy gets over this both physically and emotionally and doesn't fear all dogs for the rest of his life.
www.cbc.ca/calgary/story/ca_attack20060201.html

wdawson
February 1st, 2006, 10:39 PM
a co-worker had his 3 year old nipped by their 5 year old golden....who gets along great with my pit cross.........thank god she only had a few scrapes on her lip and chin.

divinecalamity
February 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM
what bothers me the most re media coverage of this story is that if it were a pitbull that bit...the word pitbull would be everywhere, but because it wasn't a bully breed and doesn't even look like a bully breed they just state dog bite, possibly the german shepherd. I think it should always be dog bite stated as I feel the breed isn't important. I hope this little boy is ok. from what I heard of the story the little boy shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Thoughts are with the little boy and the pain he must be feeling :sick:

Luvmypit
February 2nd, 2006, 02:34 PM
I read in a tOrnto paper about this incident and it was only noted as a dog.

That would never in a million years happen if the dog could be compared to a pit bull. I say compare because we all know too many dogs that have attacked where called pit bulls when they were not.