Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In search of a Siamese seal point

momto2
February 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody. I was just wondering if anybody had any information about adopting or rescuing a Siamese seal point cat or kitten? We are looking to make a new addition to our family. We have 2 cats, a dog and 2 children. I have looked on petfinder and Sasha's den. Alot of the cats were not compatible or there were two that couldn't be separated. I wish I could adopt two but we could only have 1 more. If anybody has any information it would be greatly appreciated. I have written to breeders as well, but I would love to give a loving home to a rescue before pursuing a breeder. If you need any other info. just ask!

Lucky Rescue
February 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Is MI too far?

There is a beautiful girl there - Tortie point and not Sealpoint, but more importantly, she is good with kids, cats and dogs!

Take a look.:)
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5269781

momto2
February 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM
I may sound really stupid, but is MI Michigan?
Just as I wrote this an email came in from Sasha's den, and she has a Seal Point looking for a home. She is a senior(9yrs.) and everything we are looking for!!!! I'll keep you informed if everything works out.

Lucky Rescue
February 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Chico2, on this forum, says her vet has a dumped 8 year old Siamese! She was ditched because the dog in the home doesn't like her. She is in Oakville.

BMDLuver
February 1st, 2006, 09:16 PM
SPCA Jean Talon gets them quite often as well.

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Yes,my vet has a beautiful little 8yr old Siamese girl,looks like a kitten.I do not know what her kind is called,I believe choclate-point:confused:
brown ears,tail,legs and blue eyes.
However since she was terrified of the former owners dogs,my vet would like her to go to a dog-free home.
Momto2,if you like to talk to my vets office I can pm you the info.You are not that far away from Oakville or the 401.

Lucky Rescue
February 2nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
However since she was terrified of the former owners dogs,my vet would like her to go to a dog-free home.

Oh, well that wont' work then.:(

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Lucky,if Momto's dog is calm and used to cats,it might still work.
The other dogs were always ganging up on her,chasing her..at least that's what the owners said.
She is really sweet and friendly,is in a large cage in the vets lobby.

momto2
February 2nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Thank you very much everybody! I have been in contact with a lady at Sasha's Den Rescue, and I am hoping to adopt a 9 yr old seal point female named Ismaelle. She fits everything we are looking for: great with cats and dogs, loves kids as well. Here is a pic. of her.:angel:

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
An ecaxt copy of the one in my vets office!!
Good Luck getting her,she is beautiful!

momto2
February 2nd, 2006, 10:33 AM
Thank you, I hope everything goes through! I'll let you know, I'm waiting to hear back. Hopefully today!:fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
February 2nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
OH, she's just beautiful!! And I think it's great you're willing to adopt a mature cat.:)

CyberKitten
February 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
We have several at Siamese Rescue but glad you found one - enjoy her!!! I love mine!!!

momto2
February 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
I've heard that before, about adopting a mature cat, I guess there are people who would rather not. I didn't give it a second thought! I saw her face and I fell in love. Thanks:love:

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Momto,8-9yrs old is not old,you'll have many more years enjoying her.
A friend of mine has one old girl Seal-Point who is 20yrs old(just turned),although she is a bit arthritic,she is definetly the boss with his 4 other cats.
But the way people think,8yrs is old,is probably the reason my vets Siamese does not have a new home yet.Looking at her,I would think she's 2 yrs old:love:

momto2
February 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
I agree, that's not old, I am glad to hear there are many years left. On another note, I am having a bit of a dilemma, I got another email from a lady in the same city I live in asking if I would be interested in adopting her male siamese. She is relocating to Calgary and can't take him with her. She is driving and afraid he would not make the trip. I am waiting for more information. I have already agreed to adopt Ismaelle if everything works out. She needs one more check at the vet because she went to the rescue with a nasty Rhino. She is now in good health. Ismaelle is 3-4 hours away, and Sebastian is right here.
I don't want to let Sasha's Den down, but it is quite a distance.???
I don't want to see Sebastian go to the Humane Society, when I can certainly give him a good home.

I have decided to stick by Ismaelle,and my hubby agrees!!

Lucky Rescue
February 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
I got another email from a lady in the same city I live in asking if I would be interested in adopting her male siamese. She is relocating to Calgary and can't take him with her. She is driving and afraid he would not make the trip.

That is such BS, but typical for someone wanting to dump her cat. I've never heard of a cat who cannot survive a car trip lasting a couple days. Funny how he CAN survive being abandoned by his owner and moving in with strangers....whatever.

According to Mapquest, Rawdon is 170 miles away from you.

chico2
February 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
I agree with Lucky,if this lady really loves her cat,she would take him with her,maybe there is a problem with him,maybe he sprays or something like that..
He will not be happy in a car for that distance,I know mine would not be,but in the end he would still be with the person he knows.
I don't know what she means,saying he won't make it,does she expect him to die in a car for a couple of days??
On the other hand,if she says she will give him to HS,she obviously does not care very much about him and he would be better off with you,or somebody else who cares.

CyberKitten
February 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
That is SUCH a rdiculous excuse - I drive from Halifax to northen NB with YY (a Seal Pt Siamese as some of you well know) on occasion - a 7-8 hr drive and we do just fine!!! She has also flown on the plane with me in the cabin and taken the train. I don't buy that excuse for one minute - I cannot imaine how anyone could leave that sweet face and kitty behind. Siamese are hearty healthy cats who can live for a long time - 8 is not even considered a senior meezer!!!

Some ppl are so aaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

momto2
February 3rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
:pawprint: I spoke to her yesterday, she has two males, she is now having her sister take both. Thank god. I agree though how could you want to dump your cats after11 yrs.? I couldn't.
Thank you to whoever spoke to Sasha's Den yesterday about my dilemma at the time. She was so understanding and told me to definately take the Siamese that may have been going to the H.S. But now that everything is working out, I am still adopting Ismaelle. My family and I are very excited.
Again, Thank you,

Tracy

chico2
February 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
That's good.I am glad it worked out for those 2 cats and Ismaelle,if for any reason that does not work out,the Siamese at my vet is beautiful:love:

Shamrock
February 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
So glad that this is working out for everyone.
Best wishes with your new addition... she is just a beauty, and kudos to you for adopting a mature kitty. :highfive:

momto2
February 4th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks chico2, I'll keep you in mind.:D