Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Co-relation between eye and ear infections?

Mineeputs
February 1st, 2006, 03:03 PM
Can anyone tell me if eye and ear infections are related? Our pup had goopy eyes for about a month, off and on. Then they cleared up. She was in being spayed and the vet said she had a left ear infection. Today she had her stitches out and now the infection is in her right ear. Is this spreading and is it something in her food that's causing this or lack of? The vet didn't elaborate on what's causing this. Oh, and by the way, she's on the BARF diet so not sure if this is the problem.

divinecalamity
February 1st, 2006, 04:59 PM
I think this is something a vet would have to answer as there are many issues that play roles in this such as what type of infection your pup has (bacterial, fungus), what breed your pup is (some are more prone to infections of the ear/eye), where the infection is (inner ear, outer ear, same with where in the eye it is). I am not too sure if an eye infection would lead to an ear infection or vice versa...even in people...ear infections can lead to throat infections or vice versa. Sorry not too much help, just giving you more questions to ask lol:pawprint:

Prin
February 1st, 2006, 10:41 PM
I agree with divinecalamity. You vet would be the best to help you eliminate possibe causes or a relationship.