Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Young boy mauled on acreage . . . but whodonit?

Rick C
February 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
A mauling by dogs or by coyotes?

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/02/01/1420775-sun.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jesse's mommy
February 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
I hope the boy is alright and I hope they find out who did it and what happened. From the sounds of the article, they think it's a coyote, not the dogs. I hope they don't eunthanize the dogs if they weren't responsible. :fingerscr

Bushfire2000
February 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM
I saw it on the news this mornig. The dogs didn't look at all agressive when they were loading them into the truck to take them away. I've heard of more than one coyote attack in Calgary, so I don't know what to think. Where are the CSI now? Shouldn't there have been phisycal evidence on the dogs if they had done it?

Spell Check not working so sorry for any spelling errors.

Rick C
February 1st, 2006, 10:49 PM
Doesn't sound like the coyote theory is going to hold up . . . . from comments from the city animal people they suspect one of the dogs is the culprit but don't know which one. They're waiting for the boy to wake up and tell them something.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

heeler's rock!
February 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
It was proven today that the male dog did the mauling. The same one found by the boys side.....it's really sad....I'm conflicted about whether or not the dog should be euthanized.....there's too many things the media leaves out, like were the dogs in tact? Maybe the female was in heat? Did the boy go to hug the dog? Did he have food? I dunno......the female was found to be innocent....the other thing is, the boy shouldn't have been left alone with the dogs in the first place. These weren't even the families dogs!

The boys parents are saying there shouldn't even be a debate about it, and the dog should be destroyed....I'm still torn about it......

heeler's rock!
February 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
BTW, the boy woke up and said, "The dog kept biting me and biting me...." :( Poor guy. 196 stitches to close the wounds......:(

doggy lover
February 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Thats a hard one I think that if a dog of mine did that to a child that I would have it pts. How could you ever trust it not to do it again?