Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Excessively Licking of Paws.....

Bella1013
January 31st, 2006, 11:46 PM
Hi !!!!

Just wondering.. Bella started licking her front paws ALOT lately... I have checked and felt them and can't find anything wrong. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions... Thanks! Here's my Bella!!!

Prin
February 1st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Is it salty where you are? Could the salt be irritating her feet? If it could be, rinsing them with warm water when you come in might help.

Otherwise, it could be allergies...

BMDLuver
February 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Cutie patootie Bella is!

It could be a skin allergy as boxers are prone to them, it could be bacteria which you would not see between the paws until it was really bad.

I would take her to the vet and they may decide on a course of vanectyl-P to help with the itchies and might even take a scrape to see if they can see something microscopically.

Bella1013
February 1st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Cutie patootie Bella is!

It could be a skin allergy as boxers are prone to them, it could be bacteria which you would not see between the paws until it was really bad.

I would take her to the vet and they may decide on a course of vanectyl-P to help with the itchies and might even take a scrape to see if they can see something microscopically.

Thanks so much for all your help......:pawprint:

Bella1013
February 1st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Is it salty where you are? Could the salt be irritating her feet? If it could be, rinsing them with warm water when you come in might help.

Otherwise, it could be allergies...

I don't think its salty... But Allergies...:confused: Oh boy... We're just getting over her UTI. Oh, she did have a bladder stone and we put her on a special food diet and it helped... Thankyou for help and support through that too!!!;) I called her vet and he's going to get back to me.