Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dalton Mcguinty putting Pit owners on Public Record

Conners
January 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Yup! He is putting our names and addresses in Public Record (not sure about phone numbers) to keep the Ontario residence safe.
So what about the bullies owners if a crazed pit bull hater has it out for you and decided to use an address at random or comes knocking on our door? We are guilty until proven inocent. Someone could make an accusation and never have even met you or your dog. It's up to us to prove differently.
WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO DO TO US?????

happycats
January 30th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I don't think this is legal, under the Privacy Act!!
http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/issues/privacy/canadian_legislation_privacy.cfm
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/P-21/text.html

Luvmypit
January 30th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Public record :eek:

Thats not cool at all. Where did you get that info from Conners? I sthis London or all Ontario?

jesse's mommy
January 30th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Isn't that going to start a string of profiling and false accusations?

cpietra16
January 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
It sounds like a witch hunt...what next,:mad: an inquisition

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
January 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
This is beyond wrong.

If someone (and/or their dog) gets killed over this . . . Mcguinty and Bryant should be thrown in jail for murder along with the culprits -- and tortured brutally.

Me and Kayla
January 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Where did you read/hear about this Conners?

Me and Kayla

gdamadg
January 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM
The public doesn't even have access to the National Sex Offender Registry. So now we are classed worse than Rapist and Child Molester's?

$%^% #@$^#$^ @$%$%, ok that looks like a good offensive word to express my anger.

I just looked it up, we don't have access to the Ontario Sex Offender Registry either.

http://www.mpss.jus.gov.on.ca/english/police_serv/sor/sor.html

Luvmypit
January 31st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Whats the source for this? I would like to write to Mr MGuinty regarding this. Because that is utter ape poop.

Conners
January 31st, 2006, 02:06 PM
Where did you read/hear about this Conners?

Me and Kayla
We were done our CGN training and a woman there for some organization (but I forget which) said it was already in the works. She said the bill was in the House of Commons but nobody can seem to find it. She seemed like she was really knowlegable about all this. Georgia Peach was there. Maybe she would remember as you know how my cognitive thinking gets mixed up. I'll see if I can find out from her.
All I know is that this makes it dangerous for us because any pit bull hater just needs to put out a complaint without even knowing us or our dogs and we are guilty until proven innocent. I'll ask JP.

seeker
January 31st, 2006, 05:46 PM
This Mcguinty fellow seems to be a little misinformed and has many priorities in the wrong order .
If this is indeed a fact no one on that list will have commited an offence but we will all be more accessable to the public than young offenders , pedophiles rapists etc . Karla will have more rights to privacy than us .
Does he plan to pass a law banning elections so he can stay in power like Casatro ?

Conners
January 31st, 2006, 06:03 PM
This Mcguinty fellow seems to be a little misinformed and has many priorities in the wrong order .
If this is indeed a fact no one on that list will have commited an offence but we will all be more accessable to the public than young offenders , pedophiles rapists etc . Karla will have more rights to privacy than us .
Does he plan to pass a law banning elections so he can stay in power like Casatro ?
In one of the cities in Denver, because it was put in public record, a reporter decided to publish it right in their locoal paper. She said she did it for the safety of children. I believe she only published addresses so kids could avoid those street. now doesn't that give kids a good impression of pit bulls? They are being taught that the breed is dangerous and not to go on the streets where they live with that kind of an example.
At least in the states you are innocent until proven guilty. Quite the opposite for us.
Sometimes I feel like I'm suppose to feel like I'm some sort of slime ball all because of the breed of dog I happen to have. I used to be proud to be born in Ontario, but now I don't even feel welcome in my own home. :evil:

seeker
January 31st, 2006, 06:29 PM
In one of the cities in Denver, because it was put in public record, a reporter decided to publish it right in their locoal paper. She said she did it for the safety of children. I believe she only published addresses so kids could avoid those street. now doesn't that give kids a good impression of pit bulls? They are being taught that the breed is dangerous and not to go on the streets where they live with that kind of an example.

Let the brainwashing begin !

babyrocky1
January 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
I h0nestly dont think that McGuinty can possible get away with this, I dont see how he would even try, if it looks to the public like there going to start a fight AGAIN with the pit bull owners tey would look really bad! The comparisons that people have made here tell the story, reporters would be all over this and for sure we would be taking it to court, they cant afford another round of publicity over pit bulls.:confused: It just doesnt seem at all likely to me but then we are talking about the provincial fibs so they defy all logic oh and morality ofcourse!

mummummum
January 31st, 2006, 08:18 PM
I know that the Act gives the province the right to override the Mun. Service Act and enact municipal by-laws but I don't see anything in e-laws or on the gov.on.ca where an owner's registry is at Committee. I did a quick sweep of the Toronto City Council highlights and didn't come across anything nor anything on the THS site. If you email your MPP and City Councillor they should be able to tell you if it is in the works and at what stage - hopefully this rumoured gross infringement of privacy is just a rumour.

pitbulliest
February 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Wow..the liberal government of Ontario is really setting themselves up for failure.

And they're doing a great job....

Can't wait until 2007...can't wait until 2007...can't wait until 2007 *chants* :fingerscr

twodogsandacat
February 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
This would be such a bone headed move that even McGuinty and his lapdog Bryant couldn't be stupid enough to try it. So far we have heard that some woman is the only source of the information.

There is the privacy act to be concerned with and as somebody noted....pit owners would be worst than child molesters and murderers?

Until this is documented I will not believe it. I mean really. The pit bull restrictions are to be handled by local municipalities not the provincial government. Where would they get the information? You don't have to register your dog as a pit bull if you have one you 'only' have to follow the law as it is written. So if you donít have to 'register' how would they know?Sounds like some scare mongering going on here.

Georgiapeaches
February 2nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Okay, I also was informed of this. But, I have not been able to find anything concrete to support this is going on. Until I do, I am not going to freak myself or others out.

BullLover
February 2nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
I haven't been able to find this anywhere either Georgia. I saw him on the news last night talking about some new things that he was bringing up to the house this week. I'm wondering if that might be brought up then.

Conners
February 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Okay, I also was informed of this. But, I have not been able to find anything concrete to support this is going on. Until I do, I am not going to freak myself or others out.
You're right JP. I shouldn't have repeated what that woman said especially since it was the first time I ever met her. I guess I got carried away with all she (seemed) to know that I took it as gospel truth. I haven't been able to find it neither and she said it was already in the works...so where is it?
Hopefully she just likes to talk and I shouldn't have fallen for it til I had proof myself. :sorry:

pitbulliest
February 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Hey...don't be sorry...its better to be suspicious beforehand rather than simply getting the whole thing suddenly slapped across your face when it does come around...I for one, am not too fond of surprises...