Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone been to **'s pets lately?

Mrs Bungle
January 28th, 2006, 10:43 PM
So, i dont know if anyone ever goes in there, but i sometimes like to go in just to see the puppies (and JUST for that) - and its just insane.. Every time i go in there (maybe once every couple months) they have a new mix breed of dog they made up. Like completely retarded names of breeds ive never heard of being put together, im assuming in an effort to make them sound legit or something.

Its just insane!!!! How can they tell their customers that they sell PUREBRED akc registered dogs, when these breeds dont exist anywhere but in a puppy mill?

Not only that, ive also noticed this past year, that they have been starting to sell these breeds that I think, shouldnt be sold to just any joe blow without knowing history of the breed. Like, great danes, bull mastiffs, i even saw neopolitan mastiffs !!! These are not dogs that people should just be able to buy with no backround info, on a whim... ITS INSANE... I absolutely love large breeds especially danes, and it just seems like such a disaster... I can see these people buying these dogs, and then promptly dumping them somewhere because they are too big, or too this, or too that...

Oh and btw, I had a friend who bought a chihuahua from them a long time ago, and they gave her a akc form with the "breeders" name on them and stuff, and I went and looked up the name from the net, and of course, i found the name connected to some kind of homesteading thing, where they mail the dog to you,.... the site seemed to just be a bunch of farmers, who bred in their spare time...

ARGG!!!1... anyway.. just had to get that off my chest.. maybe someones got some dirt on this crappy store...

mafiaprincess
January 29th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Haven't been in since probably summer. But when I was in I was disheartened. I saw a lot of breeds that weren't going to be good dogs for an uninformed owner.. and lots of random people seriously considering taking them home.. I had to leave..

White Wolf
January 29th, 2006, 07:39 PM
The title was edited to avoid slander.